SR20 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. so, lets say I am buying a nx2k and modding it a bit with the money from selling my turbo sentra...

I searched the archives a bit at lunch today, also searched this board.. all i have seen or heard of besides custom is of a borla exhaust for the nx2k.

What are you guys running? impressions? Suggestions? What would you do different next time?
I am thinking if I cannot get an aftermarket pre made setup, that I am goign to have one fabbed local of 2.25 or 2.5 mandrel bends.. then into a 2.5 muffler either way.

I don't want it to sound like ass =) I am used to a whooshing rumbling sorta sound from my turbo sentra right now.. and that is cool, but, time to move on.
Also, I am looking into the c cam combo and most likely a current gen HS header with either a intake made by Andreas miko if he can find the time, or a HS intake if he cannot.
let me know what you think!

------------------
David Lau <[email protected]>
Stop Fast, corner better B13 SER in Vancouver, WA

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Well... I actually have the Borla muffler on my NX2k. It just bolts onto the stock mid-pipe. It not much louder than stock, and it has a nice rumble to it when I mash the throttle. I only gained 2hp and 2ft/lbs over the stock muffler on the dyno, though. Not bad for a "free" mod, though... heh!

Your best bet would be to get a custom cat-back made, as there are currently no cat-back exhaust applications for the NX. Cat-backs for the Sentra are just too long.

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 NX2000

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PNWser:
Ok.. so, lets say I am buying a nx2k and modding it a bit with the money from selling my turbo sentra...

I searched the archives a bit at lunch today, also searched this board.. all i have seen or heard of besides custom is of a borla exhaust for the nx2k.

What are you guys running? impressions? Suggestions? What would you do different next time?
I am thinking if I cannot get an aftermarket pre made setup, that I am goign to have one fabbed local of 2.25 or 2.5 mandrel bends.. then into a 2.5 muffler either way.

I don't want it to sound like ass =) I am used to a whooshing rumbling sorta sound from my turbo sentra right now.. and that is cool, but, time to move on.
Also, I am looking into the c cam combo and most likely a current gen HS header with either a intake made by Andreas miko if he can find the time, or a HS intake if he cannot.
let me know what you think!
</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts