SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we went to Mosport with our NX2000 on the 15th of Sept. and five laps into practice/warmup it seems a rod bolt let go.
the drivers behind uss said it went Nascar style. Needless to say, the block is now well ventalited. We pulled the big end of the rod out of the engine without even opening it up. Bummer.
Spent all of last week installing a used engine out of a donor car. It runs sweet again now.
We then went to Tremblant in Quebec on the past weekend. What a sweet track. it's all been redone. If any of you from Quebec or Ontario get a chance to run there, do it. It is about the sweetest road course going .
Although there are some porsche turbos that don't think so as we sailed past them. HA HA

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I hope those expensive cams and springs weren't damaged!

That's too bad to hear. The engine was running really well/strong when I saw it on the dyno.

Any ideas about why it decided to let go? Just one of those things, I guess.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, the springs and cams are fine, they actually went into the donor engine. thanx for asking.
We think a rod bolt let go, though not sure yet. we have lots of time now to pull the old engine apart and investigate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts