SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Disclaimer* - I have much to learn in the ways of cars...

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if any of you have gone through this in an NX. I'm thinking of putting a Sony XPlod 4000 in my NX. Is a dash kit necessary in our cars, or do things fit the same as they do with the stock radio? I took apart my dash today, and had trouble with the hazard light/defroster switch. Is there any way to unplug the switches?

Any help is appreciated...

------------------
Nissan, baby, Nissan :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
You can unplug the switches, just look on the bottom and you'll see where to unhook it. The Sony should bolt to the factory brakets without any trouble. I had to modify my radio for it to fit in my '96. Its a newer Sony too.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
407 Posts
yEA, Most units should fit right in, with the help of an antenna adapter and a new wiring thingy. The question I have is, how does one hook up tweeters? Do you just splice the wire for the front speakers and install a High-frequency pass crossover?
-S.R.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx Bowlcut, but the operation has been done. I have a Sony XPlod deck in my NX now
. But I lost the screw for the cold air vent, so I just closed it
. Everything's peachy with the unit though, although I needed an antenna adapter and I'm gonna have to find another screw so I can get the cold air switch working again. But... ahhh... music...

Next challenge... speakers!

------------------
Nissan, baby, Nissan :D

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
To hook up a radio to the stock system is easy. Your radio should have holes on the side marked for either a Toyota or a Nissan instalation. Pull off the dash, two screws up top, two down low behind ash tray(dont froget you have to pull the ring off from around the shifter. Then pull gently on the top, it should pop off, if you have the fresh air lever thingy dont pull to far, push the vents out of the ring and leave them in the dash cause the cable on the lever will pull off and is a pain to get functioning again...believe me. Then the switches have little tabs on the bottom, push them up and pull the connectors out. Dont worry about them they only go one way and to one switch. Remove the 4 screws that are holding the deck in. Remove the harness from the back, and remove the brackets screwed to the side of the deck. Those will transplant over to the new radio the manual should tell you how. Then the wireing....thats up to you
cause Im tired typing.

Tweeters usualy have a crossover that goes in before the speaker. You wire to it then to the speaker and tweet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts