SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK y'all, I need to know if the add-on CD players that have been flooding eBay lately will fit and work in a classic SE-R. When I got my car the stock headunit was shot; I got an Aiwa cd headunit and have been very happy with it. I just bought a used stock headunit from a '96 so that I could put it in when I got rid of the car (never). THEN I got to thinking that I really missed playing tapes in the car; I have a couple hundred, all different stuff than my cds.

So my question is this: could I take out the little tray/cubby under the environment controls and replace it with a Nissan cd player and run the wiring behind the HVAC stuff? Would the wires be long enough? Will the damn thing even fit? Looking at it it's the right size, I just wonder if there are brackets, or if I would have to fab something. I think the main thing is the wiring behind the enviro stuff and whether it would be OK there.

TIA

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
man, don't get a nissan cd player. get an aftermarket one with a built in amplifier so your speakers won't sound awful!!

all you need is a wire harness, it's like 10 bucks!

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
If you have a B13 and bought a '96 radio, it won't work. Nissan changed the wiring in '95 so the connectors are totally different.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have a nice JVC unit with a 6 CD stacker behind the Passenger seat and a Cassette player behind the faceplate which drops down. And a 200 watt amplifier in the trunk. I am considering replacing the whole thing with a single CD head unit. If anyone wants to make an offer on my current setup I might consider it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts