SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did this with my NX center caps. All of them were missing the paint. I went to the local hardware store and go some aluminum spray paint. It looks ALOT better than it did. The color match is pretty good.

MarC

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
G

·
Could someone tell me a good place to buy center caps for the stock se-r wheels. I might just suck it up and buy it from the dealer but maybe somebody has some laying around. I need two because the two i have are faded and the paint has peeled off. I feel like this is a stupid question but i have searched se-r.net and i have also searched this forum but nobody seems to have adressed this problem before

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
check the archives from the list....there is specfic paint codes you can use to buy spray paint to repain them. works great makes them look like new if you take your time and do it right

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by se-rious93:
Could someone tell me a good place to buy center caps for the stock se-r wheels. I might just suck it up and buy it from the dealer but maybe somebody has some laying around. I need two because the two i have are faded and the paint has peeled off. I feel like this is a stupid question but i have searched se-r.net and i have also searched this forum but nobody seems to have adressed this problem before</font>
I think Krylon or Duplicolor sells wheel spray that matches almost perfectly. Just lightly sand then down and repsray them in light coats. The lighter the coats the better the color will be.

G

·
Incase anybody has the same question in the future, i bought some duplicolor from walmart and painted my center caps. I washed them in soap, sanded them, and sprayed about 5 coats. I used a blowdrier and the whole process took less than 1 hour. THis is great! Even my mom noticed that i repaired them. By the way the color is silver for the stock rims. good luck to anyone else who tries it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts