SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard is it to change? is there any where I can see pic's or imformation on this job.they say it takes .40 hours which isn't sh*t.but,do i remove my valve cover? where does it go in at? I can't find my manuel to look at this.so I don't know.the only reason I'm doing this is because my car is a early 91 with 140000 miles I've always delt with the rattle but after driving a stock 91 into my work I'm embarrased on how my car sounds..

------------------
91 SE-R Stillen header,HKS/Greddy catback,Nology coil/wires,ACT clutch,Clutch Masters flywheel,CAI,Energy motor mounts,Stillen S/T shifter and still not fast enough...

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
I followed the Rick Zotz SERious procedure when I changed the tensioner on my '92, and it worked out fine:

http://www.se-r.net/engine/timing_chain_tensioner/se-r_tensioner.htm

The tensioner can be best seen with the oil filter removed. It's the diamond shaped lump with two bolts right next to the oil filter and oil filter bracket.

The tensioner gasket is a separate part. Make sure to get that, too. The tensioner and gasket have been revised since the original parts when the car was built.

It took me an hour or less. Not hard, just take your time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks alot I was looking and that was the only place i could come up with where the tentioner would go....big thanks

------------------
91 SE-R Stillen header,HKS/Greddy catback,Nology coil/wires,ACT clutch,Clutch Masters flywheel,CAI,Energy motor mounts,Stillen S/T shifter and still not fast enough...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts