SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. how do you get these b!tch hoses off that are attached to it?

My friend and I were going to change it out this past weekend while installing my intake, but we couldn't get the hoses loose to save our lives. We undid the screws, but the freakin hoses just wouldn't detach from the filter.

------------------
'95 200sx SE-R
- Hotshot CAI

2000 Eclipse GT
AIM: GTS24v

·
Registered
270 Posts
What I did was cut it off with a blade and went to discount auto parts and bought a foot long fuel hose for 99cents.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
You can actually take a flat head screw driver and kind of pry the hose off. Pulling on the hose doesn't work since it's rubber and it constricts. On a side note I have a 300zx TT fuel filter on my car. Fits fine.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
SR20 Enthusiast
480 Posts
Flathead screwdriver trick for me too. Loosen the gas tank cap too to reduce the amount of fuel spillage. That stuff is expensive!

------------------
98 200SX SE-R, CAI, AEBS Header, Greedy Exhaust, JWT Motor Mounts, Pullies, Nismo fuel press.reg, JWT C1 cams and JWT gears, Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers, ACT HD/PP, Clutchmasters Flywheel, JWT Computer,Bored Airflow Meter.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dang, you guys be cuttin **** up?

Removing Fuel Filter:

1. Loosen hose clamps(phillips head screw driver). Loosen it to the point where you can slide the hose clamp up and down the hose.

2. Remove hoses from filter. Helps to have the filter off of the braket... it just slips off. Take a needle nose plier and grip onto the hose, close to the end of it and turn the filter clockwise and counter clockwise. Do this to loosen it's grip, then keep twisting it while pulling the hose off.

3. Replace filter, blah blah... you get the idea...

·
Registered
858 Posts
i usually take the fuel pump fuse out and crank the engine like 5 seconds ten the fuel system pressure will be gone then unclamp and a little twist and it comes right off with no pliers or nothing. much easier try it you'll like it.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are a bitch!!!!
Just yank, Yank, YANK!!!!!!!!!
If worse comes to worse cut Cut CUT!!!!!!!!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OFF SUBJECT:
Hey Matt4nisan,

That is one NICE freakin' ride.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Glad to see I'm not the only one that's had trouble.

------------------
'95 200sx SE-R
- Hotshot CAI

2000 Eclipse GT
AIM: GTS24v

1 - 11 of 11 Posts