Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are on my site for CharlieH98.
They are the ones that he bought from Apex. ( i believe)
Hopefully he'll have pics with the mounts on his car.:D

Regulators!!!...mount up!!

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
1. Where can these be ordered?

2. When you say "$165 with $100 core charge, does this mean that the TOTAL with core is $165, or the price after you send your old mounts in and you get the core back is $165?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
You would have to e-mail Charlie at [email protected]
I believe he ordered them thru Apex.

This is the e-mail he sent me-

Hey Smoooooth:
Here's the pic of the mounts. They are very nice
units and the install is a snap. No pressing. Unbolt
the old in with the new. Took about an hour. I did
the shifter bushing while I was in there. You have to
send them your old ones. $169 from Apex with a $100
core charge.

The review:
How do I like them? They are great! No wheel
hop, just wheel spin. GRIN GRIN GRIN. The car shifts
tons better, and when you hit a gear you don't feel
the engine trying to jump out of the hood. The car
feels very tight. Yeehaa!

·
Old
744 Posts
[sarcasm]I like the way a busted motor mount feels. The engine feels like its going to pop out! And the noise is great![/sarcasm]
BTW nice spelling of Vtec. ;)
Whos got the best tranny mounts...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
BTW nice spelling of Vtec. ;)
:D When you got 4 kids its to easy mix up Vtec ( Honda ) and Vtech ( the electronic game manufacturer ) :D

As for best mounts, I have to say these look damn good!!!
Im going to try the home made mount thing here soon. I found some extra mounts from the junk yard and Ill be laying them in some 94 shore urethane.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
this might be the site.
http://www.apexvr4.com/

maybe not...............I have no idea. I did a search and theres like 20 Apex motorpsorts wannabes.:mad:

·
Registered
486 Posts
are all motor mounts that expensive?? what if im gettin a brand new engine, do they put in new stock ones anyways?? if so, should i still get better ones, and do i have to send in my old ones for every brand, b/c i dont want to uninstall the engine, send them off wait a week, get them back and have the car in the shop for 2 freaking weeks. lastly, when how hard was the shifter bushing installation? at 100,000 miles, what other bushings should i replace with es bushings?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yes, those are Place Racing Mounts. I called Kwan at APEX. The phone number is 1-877-782-8439. Tell them you're a list member, I paid $169 + $100 core.
Cheers,
Charlie

·
Registered
729 Posts
Jackson Diamond said:
Hey take a closer look at the pic. Them there motor mounts are from Place Racing! The middle one says so.:D :D :D
Hey yeah they do,,what's up with that?

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Don't forget about the ES (Energy Suspension) motor mount inserts!!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
how much are the es mm inserts and what do they do? can they used in conjuction with the pr motor mounts?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
KikoSanchez182 said:
how much are the es mm inserts and what do they do? can they used in conjuction with the pr motor mounts?
ES motor mount inserts are used with your stock mounts. They fill in the gaps that that the stock mounts have and reduce the engine movement inside the engine bay.

Place Racing and JWT mounts are replacements for the stock mounts, not inserts. These are stiffer (allow less motion) than stock mounts with ES inserts, but the tradeoff is more cabin vibration and noise.

I currently have the ES insert in the dogbone and 94A urethane in the transmission mount. I have had the ES inserts in the transmission mount of 2 different cars. They were fine in the first car and gave me lots of noise in the second car, which is why I switched to the homemade mount in my current car. But the homemade mount is not a stiff as I want, so I want a stiff replacement mount, like the picture above, to use on race days. Then, on race days, I just remove the crossmember, switch mounts, and bolt the crossmember back up.

·
Registered
486 Posts
so maybe oe mm's with es inserts would be good for me. but with 109k miles on the car, should i just go ahead and replace the mm's even if theyre not broken yet? and how much are oe mm's?

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
Toolapcfan said:
:biggthump Thumbs up to the moron who voted on a 4 year old poll!
umm, i regret to inform you that you are the moron.......didnt you get the memo?

memo said:
voting in a 4 year old thread is the new JDM thing to do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.