SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
stirring but plain-faced
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking around on a honda board and saw this. It only has 2 NPT ports where as the nissport has 3, but it is alot cheaper. Just thought somebody may be interested. I may be ordering myself one soon seeing as i had to eliminate the the factory sending unit to use by autometer gauge with my current BSPT to NPT adapter.

http://shop.vendio.com/funinfeenix/item/646388659/index.html

·
**GIZMO**
1,510 Posts
will that work for us?

·
yup
1,208 Posts
wow 13.99 is cheap... but it doesn't say what material it is made with does it??? keeping in mind that the nissport is steel. It would be a great alternative but at the same time a bummer for nissport.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
nj20de said:
wow 13.99 is cheap... but it doesn't say what material it is made with does it??? keeping in mind that the nissport is steel. It would be a great alternative but at the same time a bummer for nissport.
I thought the Nissport was aluminum?

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
I would spend the money to support NisSport than supply yet another Honda aftermarket parts supplier...

·
yup
1,208 Posts
wow... well then that is going to be an interesting piece available to us... (still cant find where it says steel but im sure you've found it somewhere on there). Brand loyalty has been an interesting question now a days... hopefully we dont have to discuss this and people will just make their own choices;)

adam
(who bought a nissport adapter earlier this month)

·
boosting
1,454 Posts
yeah i would try to support nissport, but I guess a cheap alternative is cool

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
sleeping 91ser said:
yeah i would try to support nissport, but I guess a cheap alternative is cool
Sorry, but I'm willing to bet the NisSport piece is better... Sure it's more expensive, at it looks like you can use it for 3 lines (turbo, guages, whatever)...

vs.

"The Oil Temperature Adapter is our most popular item. It is made for Japanese cars that all seem to have a 1/8 BSP thread for their stock OP sending unit. This adapter screws into the block at the stock location and also includes 1 female 1/8 BSP port to retain the stock sending unit. It also includes the use of up to three 1/8 NPT ports for gauges or turbo lines."

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
i just purchased the nissport adapter this week and i am happy i spent the 52$ on it rather than 13.99 on that crappy looking honda piece.remember guys the saying you get what you pay for.52$=quality nissan part 13.99=crappy honda junk

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
i dont know man.. 50 bucks for that little piece really isnt worth it to me.. I met a UK company at SEMA that makes every possible adapter you could think of. I asked them on the price of one that looked IDENTICAL to the Nissport one and they sold them for $3 each (in bulk of course), I just cant see myself paying 50+ bucks for .15cents of machined/tapped steel. No doubt in my mind its a quality product, but the price is overkill nonetheless...maybe not this particular company and product, but overpricing is what pushes away customers and we all know its common in this community, thats PART of why we will never have the conveninces that honduh guys have... but oh well.. I am still undecided on what I will do for this....

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
uhh, you guys dont want to run that many items directly off the block, unless you like to make smoke screens after a while.

that stuff gets REALLY heavy for even an aluminum piece, you will eventually crack that BSPT fitting.

here's what i did:

1 1/8" BSPT (or whatever size it is) to 1/8" NPT adapter.
3 1/8" NPT to -3AN adapters (IIRC, its been QUITE some time, its the fairly small one, about the same size as 1/8" NPT)
1 12" stainless -3AN line.
1 1/8" NPT 3 way T
1 36" -3AN stainless steel line.
1 0.10" 1/8" NPT M/F oil restrictor

i ran the BSPT adapter right out of the block. plug an NPT to AN adapter into it. ran the 12" stainless line to the firewall, and connected it to the bottom of the T with another adapter. the T is attached to the firewall. one side of the T has my autobeater electronic oil pressure sender. the other side has the remaining adapter. that adapter is the oil feed line. i plugged in the restrictor into the T, then the adapter plugs into the restrictor. i ran the oil line through the intake manifold, bolted it to one of the 12mm holes on the head right above the TB (or below it for the low port guys) with a bracket made of sheetmetal with a hole in it for a zip tie. and ran it into the turbo (varies for just about EVERYONE).

comprende?

·
yup
1,208 Posts
hmmm im not following that post you just made... i think we identified that both the nissport and this honda adapter are steel. not aluminum. So the chances of it breaking off are slim. I understand the concern about having too many heavy senders supported by the adapter but it seems like those people with steel nissport adapters aren't having any problems. So are you saying all those fittings and mounting it to the firewall would offer a benifit over the steel nissport? maybe im not getting something

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, that is the part I have ordered a little while ago.
Believe it or not, it is a great produkt.
Just almost the same as the Nissport adapter a friend of mine had ordered.

Just trust me, it is a good produkt.
I am going to use it for my turbo-install.
Compared to the Nissport adapter its worth to try I think.
If you ask me there is nothing wrong with this adapter,
it's even better: it's CHEAP! :cool:

Raymond.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
nj20de said:
hmmm im not following that post you just made... i think we identified that both the nissport and this honda adapter are steel. not aluminum. So the chances of it breaking off are slim. I understand the concern about having too many heavy senders supported by the adapter but it seems like those people with steel nissport adapters aren't having any problems. So are you saying all those fittings and mounting it to the firewall would offer a benifit over the steel nissport? maybe im not getting something
yes, my way the adapter only has to support a fitting. the oil sender, etc are supported by the firewall.

trust me, that puny fitting wont be as strong. maybe it wont break, but is it worth nuking a turbo and an engine over? my idea costs like $30-40 for all the parts. all metal fatigues over time. on your engine it is constantly vibrating and bouncing up and down.

if you dont want to do it, then dont. just a suggestion.

besides, the fitting should be aluminum, i would not recommend putting a steel fitting in an aluminum block. i am pretty sure it is aluminum.

i have seen aluminum fittings break, esp ones as large as the nissport.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
uhh, you guys dont want to run that many items directly off the block, unless you like to make smoke screens after a while.

that stuff gets REALLY heavy for even an aluminum piece, you will eventually crack that BSPT fitting.
I run the Nissport adaptor on both of our racecars and yet to have them break or damage the filter housing. I have two sender units directly attached to the adaptors also so I can run the Autometer sender and the stock one as a backup. As a note, the adaptors supplied with our Autometer gauges started to leak after one race weekend. The autometer parts actualy had a harmonic and would vibrate loose!

The Nissport parts are made of bulletproof 316 stainless and will never break or vibrate loose. The mass changes the natural frequncy.

I'll always buy Nissport, because it owned by dedicated Nissan enthusiasts who are part of this comunity even though I might pay more. Oh well.

Mike

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
choaderboy2 said:
I run the Nissport adaptor on both of our racecars and yet to have them break or damage the filter housing. I have two sender units directly attached to the adaptors also so I can run the Autometer sender and the stock one as a backup. As a note, the adaptors supplied with our Autometer gauges started to leak after one race weekend. The autometer parts actualy had a harmonic and would vibrate loose!

The Nissport parts are made of bulletproof 316 stainless and will never break or vibrate loose. The mass changes the natural frequncy.

I'll always buy Nissport, because it owned by dedicated Nissan enthusiasts who are part of this comunity even though I might pay more. Oh well.

Mike
well, there you have it. i was under the impression that the nissport was aluminum. if it is stainless, then it would be fine. i would never use anything other than aluminum or stainless in the block, and if it has to support any weight, then only stainless. any regular steel or brass would suck.

i still like my setup, you can see if it is leaking quite easily and i used all earl's fittings, nothing to scoff at, ****. :D

·
yup
1,208 Posts
cool thanks for clearing all that up... your way definately is not anything to scoff at ;)... its just that i already have the nissport and want to make sure that i am going to do things right the first time. thanks for the info

1 - 20 of 20 Posts