SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered 4 NX2000 rotors from Parts Warehouse out in Torrence, CA. $30 each!!! And I did confirm with the guy that they were the 26mm X 257mm rotors.

Phone# 1-888-428-7278

G

·
Do I just need the NX2K calipers to work with the rotors? Is there anything else I need to install them on a 92 SE-R?

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not unless you have the NX2000 calipers on your SE-R. The SE-R rotors are 18mm thick and 250mm in diameter. The NX2000 rotors won't work.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll need:
loaded NX2000 w/ABS caliper (make sure AD22VF is on it)
mounting bracket (a.k.a. torque member)
rotors

That's it, I think.

Matt

G

·
Is there any place that our members know of to get cheap SE-R replacement brake parts, since I don't have the AD22VF calipers, rotors, etc. on my SE-R?

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Give the Parts Warehouse a call. I didn't ask about SE-R rotors, but if NX2000 rotors are that cheap, SE-R rotors must be almost free.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MaddMatt:
Don't worry Pat. If you drive as much as I do, you'll be buying another set by July. What are you doing for brake pads?</font>
I'm just going to go with the Wagner pads 'til they wear out, then I'll get Axxis MetalMasters. I'll probably get Porterfield R-4 pads for the track.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be using the Wagner pads or whatever comes with it for street/autocross. I ordered some EBC Redstuff for track. I'll let you know what I think of them. They were $89.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
I ordered some EBC Redstuff for track. I'll let you know what I think of them. They were $89.
</font>
What are those? And was that $89 for a set of front pads?

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are a European company based in England I think. They have 4 different lines: Greenstuff, Redstuff, Yellowstuff, and Bluestuff (I'm not making this up). The green is for street and has a good coefficient of friction (.45 I think) and is good up to ~1000 F. Redstuff is their track school compound and is good up to ~1300 F with a coefficient of friction of .35. Yellow is full race pads and goes to 1500 F, and Blue is their new endurance compound (don't know temp range on it). They don't make Yellow or Blue for the NX2000

Some guys on the Honda board talk bad about EBC because their pads don't last. But they are also using the street compound for track schools in modded Civics/Integra/etc. with stock brakes. Duh!

Anywho, check out www.ebc-brakes.com
I got my set of pads from the place that sold me the cheap rotors, Parts Warehouse. Oh, and yes, that was $89 for a set of front pads.

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
I got my set of pads from the place that sold me the cheap rotors, Parts Warehouse. Oh, and yes, that was $89 for a set of front pads.</font>
Let us know how they hold up! Those are about $20-$30 cheaper than R4's!

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Just ordered 4 NX2000 rotors from Parts Warehouse out in Torrence, CA. $30 each!!! </font>
I bought Brembos last week.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't worry Pat. If you drive as much as I do, you'll be buying another set by July. What are you doing for brake pads?

·
Registered
496 Posts
hey Phat, i told you about the EBCs about a year ago in front of Sammy, who convinced us they sucked....well i talked to Sammy the other week and lo and behold he said...yeah i guess they are pretty good, you were right..duh...anyways he said " we are gonna stock EBCs" so check with Sammy about the
discount wink wink..

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
Will the front brakes from the NX fit on a classic, as i understand they are bigger..and better

------------------
-Dennis w/ 91 Classic DET, Tokiko, Eibach and some more SE-Rious Goodies [[email protected]]

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by xTurbo Classicx:
Will the front brakes from the NX fit on a classic, as i understand they are bigger..and better

</font>
yes

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">hey Phat, i told you about the EBCs about a year ago in front of Sammy, who
convinced us they sucked....well i talked to Sammy the other week and lo and behold
he said...yeah i guess they are pretty good, you were right..duh...anyways he said "
we are gonna stock EBCs" so check with Sammy about the discount wink wink.. </font>
I don't think I ever followed up with a review of the EBC pads. The red compound is total crap. I wore them to backing plates in 60 miles. Don't waste your money. Even stock pads are better and cheaper.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

G

·
So, even though the conversion is a pain in the ass, it's worth it? I read somebody mentioning ABS. My 92 does not have ABS can I still do the conversion?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts