SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a real headache with my Check engine light for the last month. I am getting code for Cylinder 1 misfire. I have changed the spark plugs, Cap and Rotor, and spark plug wires. The car never "feels" like it misses, and seems to be running great. It is periodic, it will stay off for a while then it comes on, the a few miles later it will go off, etc... What do I need to look at now?

Second part:

When I turn the engine over it seems awfully loud for a couple of seconds. it only does it when I start it cold, and it sounds like a loud rattle....any ideas what this could be?

Thanks!!!!

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Second part:

When I turn the engine over it seems awfully loud for a couple of seconds. it only does it when I start it cold, and it sounds like a loud rattle....any ideas what this could be?

Sounds like the start up chatter problem. Very common on sr20de motors. Nothing much you can do about it and it is considered to be pretty much harmless. Some people say a high quality oil filter can cut the chatter back to a minimum due to the Anti drain back valve. Nissan and Puralator Pure 1 filters are good choices in oil filters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts