SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 95 infiniti G20/auto, and recently the check engine light came on. The first thing I thought was,"Impossible"! I unplugged the battery and left it overnight. I hooked every thing back in the morning and the light remained off for about 2hrs an then came back on again. I then went to the nissan dealer (Big Mistake!)to have this diagnosed. I was told it was the EGR system and that it could be any part related to it that allows for the check engine light to appear $59.00 waisted. I then went by Rosenautosprt, this is where my S3 cams were installed. They checked everything possible and determined that nothing that they could see was damaged, but to be on the safe side I asked that they replace the EGR $190.00. I went home and ordered the BPT valve $40.00 and the selonoid valve $45.00 just in case this did not work and it did'nt. I installed a new BPT valve, still nothing, also replaced some hoses, nothing. I went on to SER-net and found that Nissan has upgraded the EGR hose from 10mm to 8mm because of this problem. Tell me something, WHY DID'NT THE DEALER KNOW THIS???. I ordered this part over the week end. I should have it installed tommorow. Let's hope this works, FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
My check engine came on yesterday. I checked the code (3 long 3 short flashes), and according to the Haynes's manual, it was like the front 02 sensor or something. All I did was reset the ECU and so far nothing's shown up. Also, when I first bought my car, the check engine light was on, and at the time, I didn't know about resetting the ECU,
, so I took it to the dealer to fix it. I was pretty sure it was the same problem.

On a side note, the check engine light came on two times in my car. One right after I put on my HS header. Another time, right after I switch back to my stock header. I dunno if these are related.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Eibach Sportline Springs, Place Racing CAI, HKS Super Drager Exhaust, Hotshot G4 Header

Soon to be STOCK!!
http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

1 - 2 of 2 Posts