SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lost. My check engine light comes on every once in awhile. Last time it came on I had it checked at the dealer, and they said nothing was wrong. Well it came back on again. Any tips on what it might be? Does anybody else have this problem?

Kris94G20

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
You should either make the dealer tell you what the code is your pull the code yourself. I have no idea what it could be (unless you have aftermarket cams and get a random misfire code. That used to happen to me when drag racing).

If you tell us what the code is we might have a guess.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Do you know how to pull the code? Takes seconds and I would never go to a dealer just to pull one. All you need (as taught to me by jacen) is a flathead screwdriver bit to turn the screw on the back of the ECU.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I am unfamiliar with pulling the code. All I have done is advanced timing, and an intake.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Maybe you should post in the G20 forum how to pull the codes.
IF its the same as the B14, here is what you do.

You'll need to unbolt the ECU the first time you do it. On the back there is a place for a flathead screwdriver to turn something.
Put the key in the ignition and turn it to on, but dont start the car.
Use a flathead screwdriver to fully turn the screw on the back of the ecu. Wait 5 seconds. Fully turn it back. Look at your check engine light. It should be flashing. Record the number of long and short flashes and ask the G20 forum what they mean. Now turn the screw in the back of the ECU again, wait 5 seconds, turn it back. Remove key, you're done.

·
SR20GE P11
433 Posts
I recently had my check engine light come on,but it was because some dummy at Infiniti
washed off my engine with a water hose?......DUHHHH? So anyway two sensors were knocked out. I don't have my receipts in front of me, but one if not both of the sensors are located right above the valve cover area. Infiniti replaced them at no cost to me. I'm letting you know this because if for some reason you had your car serviced at the dealer. It's possible you may have gotten a courtesy car wash and engine cleaning, like me and had you sensors blown....95G20t/automatic

[Edited by paradyme (11-26-2000 at 11:30 PM).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts