SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I first saw this setup on a b13 on The Sentra Network. I used BMW e36 headlamps with custom made brackets made by me with new lamp sockets and custom wiring. I had to cut away parts of the top radiator support frame. I even had to cut away parts of the metal below the headlamps, you might see it in the daytime pic. So what do you all think? I still need to make some sort of custom center grill, that'll be fun.

------------------
Happiness is not around the corner, it is the corner!

[This message has been edited by norurb (edited 04-13-2001).]

·
Dreamin' of VVL
791 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Monsoon:
You have reached a restricted area.
Please return to Yahoo! Photos.

hmm.

</font>
I got the same message

I am really interested in seeing pics. Actually you are pretty close to me, maybe we could meet up sometime and I can check them out in person!?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

here's a night shot
I don't care what anyone thinks about trying to copy the BMW's. I just think it looks awesome and it makes my car unique. But since the '89 M3 was mentioned, how bout seeing if the front bumper/spoiler can be adapted? I'll try it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang, I suck at this internet stuff! Well this is my last try, if it doesn't work then I can email you guys individually. I better go buy one of those "Internet for Dummies" books.
And here are the highbeams, I might use a add-on fog light wiring harness to light the high beams while keeping the low beams lit. For now I'm using the stock wiring setup

·
Registered
441 Posts
//M3 wannabe lookin good. Can't wait to see what grill will be used to fill the void in between the lights.

------------------
Rice...yummy in my tummy

G

·
that is freakin PHAT!!!!!!
I like it. Yep, originallity at its best. You go Boy!!
Now what year BMW did they come from?
Im going to u-pull-it tomorrow.

------------------
"Red October"

·
Registered
883 Posts
Those kinda look like the dual lights for the G20. That looks really nice. I was just talking to someone who has a similar idea, maybe you have started something new here.

------------------

Kris94G20™

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I checked with a bunch of wrecking yards and nobody had any headlamps to sell. I ended up going to the dealer and ordered up a pair for $174. Any e36 BMW headlamp will work (318, 325, M3) from '92 thru '96. Do not buy the entire headlamp assembly, it's not needed. You will need two 9006 (low beam) bulbs and two 9005 (high beam) bulbs. I would really recommend Sylvania Cool Blue's. Then, go find universal lamp sockets from an auto parts store. Purchase two 9006 sockets and two 9005 sockets. As far as brackets go, go down to Radio Shack and buy one package of stereo install brackets. I replaced my custom brackets with the Radio Shack units and they work better. In the next day or two I'll be drawing up a basic schematic to wire everything up and it'll be posted when I get a chance.

------------------
Happiness is not around the corner, it is the corner!

[This message has been edited by norurb (edited 04-15-2001).]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts