SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Yum!!, a white classic that's number 3 on my best looking SE-Rs next to my Black one (rip) and the Red one I have now. Long live the 2 door SE-Rz

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
I think it Looks really clean, I dig the Shaved side moldings and the ? Are those Tenzos or Racing hearts? Anyway it looks good.

Mike Collins USN
Turbo Classic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a white 91 Classic and I still think they look the best! I love the way the classic SE-R looks. I am getting ready to do some of the exact things you have done to yours. I already have done my grille body color (did that a long time ago- looks beter than after market griles-IMO).

What I am about to do is the Mirrors and the boring gray side sills body color and replace my front bumper cap with a 93/94 SE-R one. I am debating on doing the door handles body color. I hear the door handles do not hold up to paint jobs well... What is your experience with that? And how does the paint on the sideview mirrors hold up? Being they are a magnet for being bumped and folded.

I have owned mine since 91 and I still look back when walking away from my SE-R admiring it... I have never owned and kept a car this long in my life. SE-R's are a love affair...

Thanks or sharing...

------------------
'91 SE-R, Vail White, 5-speed, LSD, Leather-package, Sunroof, Borbet Type H 15"wheels, Z-rated Dunlop SP5000 tires, Blaupunct RDS Nevada 180 watt CD reciever W/4 Blaupunct factory sized speakers, NR Industries White Face guages w/red indicators, body color factory grille. Babied 104K miles. NEVER abused or smoked in.
Web-page http://community.webtv.net/SentraSE-Rman/My1991ClassicSentra/

·
Registered
782 Posts
That is one clean ass car!
Good Job!

Louis Anaya
Apex Motorsports

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks for the replies guys, for the rim question the rims are real Racing Hart and not the tenzo bytes, as for the paint, be real careful about what you use, the color i have on my car is forest offwhite, or some **** like that,for the door handles and mirriors make sure whoever paints ur car uses flex all.

------------------
ALL OUT!
http://sirious91s.s5.com/
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1605934&shownewphotos=true
1991 Nissan Sentra SER
KYB AGX Struts,Ground Control street set up,17*7 Racing Hart C2's on Nitto 205/40zr/17's no brakes (yet) talking to Baer and Kooltech,
1993 SR20DE motor from a wrecked automatic G20, Honed and tapped for pistion squrters by JWT,DET squrters,Crower Rods, GTiR main bearings,Arias pistons,HKS metal head gasket, ARP studs for the mains and Head,entire botoom end balanced by Bensons,custom kevlar clutch,Portflow ported and polished head,5 angle valve job,JWT S3 cams,Nissan Motorsport Cam Sprokets,JWT ECU JWT polished fuel rail/70lbs MSD Injectors, Cobra MAF,
300zxTT fuel pump upgrade,AEM fuel pressure regulator,F-MAX stage 2 turbo kit, HKS wastegate,and recirculation valve.TurboneticsT3/T40E Ball Bearing Turbo,Front mount intercooler. silicone hoses for all water and vaccume lines,Earls fittings and steel braided lines for fuel and oil,polished valve cover, autometer phantom guages for Boost,Exhaust Gas Temp,Water Temp,Oil pres. and Air fuel, 3 gauges are mounted on a custom bezel where the A/C vents used to be..still to come... ignition? boost controler? seats? roll cage, and brakes....

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
hey heres one more pic, dont hate cause its a honda ok ! lol, be honest tell me what u guys think hey i lovem both my crx and the sentra..

·
Registered
54 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BIGDAN:
hey heres one more pic, dont hate cause its a honda ok ! lol, be honest tell me what u guys think hey i lovem both my crx and the sentra..
</font>
Great looking CRX...

...I always have loved CRX's... I was about to buy a CRX when I bought my SE-R. If that particular Honda dealer had not pissed me off and drove me away, I would probably be driving a 1991 CRX Si 5speed now. I then later drove the SE-R. I knew I was going to own an SE-R (I waited for a Vail White one with Sunroof) and I am still driving it.

Honda really messed up when they replaced the CRX with the De Sol. It is very well missed. The CRX should be brought back...

------------------
'91 SE-R, Vail White, 5-speed, LSD, Leather-package, Sunroof, Borbet Type H 15"wheels, Z-rated Dunlop SP5000 tires, Blaupunct RDS Nevada 180 watt CD reciever W/4 Blaupunct factory sized speakers, NR Industries White Face guages w/red indicators, body color factory grille. Babied 104K miles. NEVER abused or smoked in.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I was wanting a CRX too. But couldnt find crap. My friend Calum just bought Eric's sisters CRX Si, 86
Old school. First gen is somewhat fun. I swear that thing pulls just as hard as my car. Eric has the thing port matched and a few other little things, it put 90 at the wheels, when its rated at 91 at the crank. Just made a CAI for it, and put on some injectors, looking for a teg ECU to raise the redline(it doesnt need it, just gets louder not faster at higher hp's
), just stripped out the A/C so that should be good for a couple freeed up hp, put some new motor mounts on it, not to mention tons of money in fixing rust. Its fun cant wait till it gets out of the shop cause of the rust so I can drive it.

But Ive been thinking about taking off my door molding since its fadeing like mad. Just dont know if its worth the trouble. Car needs paint eventualy anyway.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nice CRX. I have another question about the paint for your grille/mirrors: Were you able to do it yourself, or did you have someone else (a shop) do it? I'd like to do at least my grille body-colored (my car is red, so mirrors aren't too much of an issue). Let me know. Thanks.

Samir

·
Registered
858 Posts
nice legs ,I mean crx hehe.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
hey PJ, I had a buddy at work paint the whole thing, I strongly recomed having a professional do the work, and never forget that for body work, you get what you pay for..

·
Registered
705 Posts
2 nice cars! And tell yer friend shes looking good too! I love the white paint on SE-R's too. i was thinking bout gettin mine painted in a year or 2.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
54 Posts
Okay, I am getting ready to do the following after my vacation next week...

I got the estimate today for everything. And this all begun of a road animal incident on the highway a month ago- insurance check came today...

I am placing a 93/94 front bumper cover on my 91. I am also having the side-view mirrors and the grey rocker panel side sills done body color. Too, while in I am having the grille and tie bar beneath the grille redone as well (body color of course) I am leaving the door handles as is. Body shop just did not reccommend having them done, due to wear...I agreed.

When she is all done, I will post a pic on my website...

I cannot wait.

Oh, and if any of you classic drivers are interested in doing this, the entire cost is around $800. The bumper cover alone is almost $180 regardless if it is a 91 or 95. Your cost could be less, being I am replacing broken driving lamp lenses and having the A/C condenser and it's support straightened-out and repainted.

Not too bad eh?

------------------

1 - 15 of 15 Posts