SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have bin looking around and trying to find some cheep mods on my engin for my 92 nx2000 that will boost my hores power up but i dont have a lot of money to spend and im in canada wich dosnt help to much i have bin thinking about a cam ? but i dont know what kind to get ? or is there any thing else i could do ? i have also bin thinking about in creesing my timing to 17* but is it really worth it ? and if i did that will i have to run higher octain gas so i dont get engin knock ? oh i have already put a pop charger on and i have a 3a racing muffler thats all i have really done so far towards performance, and if i took out my cat would that be good or would i loose lowend power ?
if any one gave me some info on this that would be grate :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Hey Nick! I'll try to answer your questions. First, the 17 degree ignition advance is the cheapest and easiest upgrade you can do to your car. Yes, you have to use 92OCT gas, but then again when you really start to mod the car, you'll have to use 92OCT anyway.
Cams are a good upgrade, though not the cheapest. I recommend 17 degree ignition advance, Place Racing or HotShot Cold Air Intake, HotShot 3rd gen header (or a $tillen if you can't get the HotShot), and 2.25" cat back exhaust with Mandrel bends.
That will be a good start. After you save up some money, you can get JWT cams, and JWT ecu.
Now for more information go to http://www.sr20de.net once there you can join the mailing list.
And on a final note, don't waste your time removing the cat, you won't gain anything.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
another good thing is a tune up. get new plugs, cap, rotor, wires, fuel filter, ect. all of that stuff will give you a little better performance, and check the compression, if that is good, I got three letters for you.......NOS :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
You do NOT need 92-3 octane for 17 degrees. That is the upper end of the factory specs which also say to use 87 or higher. I've had mine at 17 degrees for a little over 2 months and use nothing but 87 octane and still do great. I even got 34mpg on a tank last week going 80-85 the whole way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.