SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
-
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's 'new' SR20 has a chip in the crank pulley. Will this be bad for the motor? Will this be bad for the crankshaft?

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
I've busted them up before with the puller while removing them. I still ran it. As long as its not wearing the belt its ok imo.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
My dad's 'new' SR20 has a chip in the crank pulley. Will this be bad for the motor? Will this be bad for the crankshaft?
Are all you crazy Llaprad's STILL buying SR20's! Between the three of you, there must not be any left within the state boundaries that haven't been in your posession at one time or another.

C

·
Very bling bling
1,905 Posts
its ok if there is a chip, the balance wont be affected whatsoever onless its like a huge ass chunk.

·
-
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are all you crazy Llaprad's STILL buying SR20's! Between the three of you, there must not be any left within the state boundaries that haven't been in your posession at one time or another.

C
I take no responibility for my crazy family's actions!

I've been dedicated to my original red 91 now for a few years. Hiro's on hold because he thinks he's either got a blown piston ring or a bad turbo rebuild.

My dad is currenty driving a Quest.

The only reason I'm doing the swap is in exchange for letting me use it as an occasional rallycross car. Maybe.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
it should be fine if it doesnt throw a belt. the crank is balanced so its not too bad. what size of a chip are you talking about?

and anytime any of the laprad's want another nx i know where a black one is for sale :D.

·
-
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't because of $$$, Hiro has a B15 for a DD, and my dad would moan that the ride height hurts his joints...

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
ill cut ya a deal :) or buy it sell off the suspension and such to turn it into the rally car and pay for a good portion of the car :D

then again i know where a nice b12 is that would be good for rally cross :D

·
-
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My dad would probably give me his B13 if he knew my wife wouldn't passively aggressively strangle me.

·
it is what it is!
3,334 Posts
ill cut ya a deal :) or buy it sell off the suspension and such to turn it into the rally car and pay for a good portion of the car :D

then again i know where a nice b12 is that would be good for rally cross :D
b12 huh? manual or auto? would you happen to know how much or have pics?

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
lol....calum has a b12 with a sr20 swap we are finishing up this weekend we hope. 5 speed, red, in ok shape. id even drive it up for nothing but cost and a plane ticket :D. tho let me see what happens this weekend. ive become calum's car's pimp. but plan to get some pics of it as hes gota get rid of it soon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts