SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on the fence between a 2001 SE (sr20) or a 2002-2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V. What car would be better to get for a daily driver and minimal modifications? The price difference is 2k between the SE and the SE-R. What would you guys get?

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
Is everything else the same? Both are manual I hope?

I'd go with the SE and spend the 2K on mods. That should be a real nice suspension, brakes, and some bolt-ons. :biggthump

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
The Spec-V is faster and better handling out of the box, and goes even faster with "minimal modifications." The mechanical LSD is the kicker here. Of the two, I'd be tempted.

Then again, the SE is SR20-powered, and this is the SR20 Forum. You know where our allegiances lie. :biggthump

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
sr20 power all the way. just use that extra 2k and buy urself a t25 turbo kit. for sure it'll beat a spec V :biggthump

·
Canyon_Boogie
6,667 Posts
i say spec-v only because if you want a fun daily driver you will need a little more ballz. (new sentras are heavy)

But honestly just get a classic se-r it will be more enjoyable :biggthump

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
need more info. What will the car be used for, what are your power goals, etc! I used to own a spec v, driven B15SE's...

·
Registered
156 Posts
get the SE - 10x more reliable and you don't have to worry about the precat breaking up and causing your engine to DRINK oil and then having to fight with nissan on getting it fixed.

and if you get the 2002 spec'v the seats are going to be all torn up cause the mesh fabric that's on em rips and gets caught. If it were me i would get the se. Bland looks, but an engine that has been on the market for 10years and has all the kinks worked out and uses a cable throttle instead of the drive by wire like the spec - v use s

SO Joe's notes GET THE SE

lates
joe a.k.a WigGY

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
I actually looked at a 01 SE PP 5 speed and a 05 SE-R...And I gotthe SE-R. 10x more fun to drive,imo....I wish the SE-R still had the 2.0, but the 2.5 will be ok for a daily driver. I already had a 12 second sr20, why would I need another.

My vote is the SE-R....The LSD is sick :biggthump

·
The VE is for sale
1,041 Posts
TUNED200 said:
I actually looked at a 01 SE PP 5 speed and a 05 SE-R...And I gotthe SE-R. 10x more fun to drive,imo....I wish the SE-R still had the 2.0, but the 2.5 will be ok for a daily driver. I already had a 12 second sr20, why would I need another.

My vote is the SE-R....The LSD is sick :biggthump

hmm, ok

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
nisser said:

Ok what???....Have you driven a new SE-R? I let kent(rittmeister) drive mine, and he wad impressed...For a daily driver, the SE-R is a great car. if you want a car with the better engine, the SE is the way to go. We all know the 2.0 is a sweet motor, but I figured it was time to move on. I have seen a few people making 280who on the stock 2.5L....Whicjh is more than enough power, imo. The 6 speed tranny is excelent in the 05. Alot better than the 5 spped in the SE.

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
SE... the 2.5 is a hunk of junk.. now if they had just put a SR20VE with the Spec-V LSD... in the B15 SE-R... woulda, shoulda, coulda...

·
The VE is for sale
1,041 Posts
TUNED200 said:
Ok what???....Have you driven a new SE-R? I let kent(rittmeister) drive mine, and he wad impressed...For a daily driver, the SE-R is a great car. if you want a car with the better engine, the SE is the way to go. We all know the 2.0 is a sweet motor, but I figured it was time to move on. I have seen a few people making 280who on the stock 2.5L....Whicjh is more than enough power, imo. The 6 speed tranny is excelent in the 05. Alot better than the 5 spped in the SE.

I said "ok" , not "your a huge dumbass for choosing that car!!!"...calm down kid

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
BigB said:
SE... the 2.5 is a hunk of junk.. now if they had just put a SR20VE with the Spec-V LSD... in the B15 SE-R... woulda, shoulda, coulda...

Its all opinion. I actually like the TQ the 2.5 makes over the SR20....

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
nisser said:
I said "ok" , not "your a huge dumbass for choosing that car!!!"...calm down kid

Whatever. I have been here for a long time, longer than you. I am probley older than you was well. Watch who you start calling names buddy. its an opinon question, so I gave my opinion. A little growing up might help you alot.

·
The VE is for sale
1,041 Posts
TUNED200 said:
Whatever. I have been here for a long time, longer than you. I am probley older than you was well. Watch who you start calling names buddy. its an opinon question, so I gave my opinion. A little growing up might help you alot.

Who did I call names?????? :rolleyes:

Anyways, my vote goes to the SE. Seen too many problems with the Spec-V coming out of the factory

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
nisser said:
Who did I call names?????? :rolleyes:

Anyways, my vote goes to the SE. Seen too many problems with the Spec-V coming out of the factory

Were cool, it seemed like you got upset...I will report back in with my spec V after I hit 30K miles. Which should take 1 year, at the most.

I have said it and I will say it again, I wish they still made the SR20 in the B15 with the 6speed tranny..That would be a sweet combo

1 - 20 of 59 Posts