SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car after snapping two rockers and replacing them now has a REALLY lumpy idle its not so bad unless im decelerating letting the clutch out to stop and the ropm drop down to 500 or lower and sometimes dies. The O2 sensor is extremely bkack could that have an effect on it? im going to pull the valve cover off when the car cools down and put another one on to make sure theres nothing caught in some of the baffles. Other than that the car pulls HARD all the way through the power pand in each gear. To me it sounds like i need a new O2 sensor or maybe theres a clog in the vacuums line

·
Registered
65 Posts
why did it break to rocker arms? That usually means something is very wrong in there. O2 sensors either work or they don't.

·
slave to the grind
2,707 Posts
i have the same problem minus the broken rockers.....very interested in finding a cure for it.....

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
wasnt used to the short shifter and it over revved so the rockers broke....the two o2 sensors are bosch sensors so i know they arent factory and im pretty sure ive got the one on my car from when james vick put my jdm engine in and said it was a good sensor. Then again it could have gone bad since. i just checked my plugs and put my plugs back in and backed the car out and let it idle down the street and id wasnt bucking anymore.. :confused: I guess it was some sort of miss firing. althought at WOT it pulled very hard. I guess another way i could see if my o2 sensor is dead is to unplug it and see if there are any changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts