SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there from the Cincinnati area... does this city have an import performance shop?

------------------
1-9-9-9 SE Limited
At a robbery anything goes... do whatcha wanna do

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
I haven't found one yet -

Anyone... anyone...

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
POP Charger, STB, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

·
VE powered
556 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by natty_99SE-L:
Anyone out there from the Cincinnati area... does this city have an import performance shop?

</font>
Depends what you're looking for? If you're looking for rice, then, yeah you're going to have a hard time finding those clear lenses.

Believe it or not Cinti is home to a few race shops and teams. Did you know the Momo Ferrari team is located just north?

I like Performance Alignment in Blue Ash. The place is owned by a guy who has crewed in F1. In addition to alignments and corner weighting they will install suspensions, exhausts, ES bushings, etc. They can order just about anything you'd want.

There's a Mustang shop in Blue Ash that has the only dyno in town although it'll cost you about $200 for about 6-10 tuning runs.

Oh, and don't forget that Cinti is home to the infamous Arcstarter.

Steve

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
There is this place called "Cincy Speed Warehouse"....but I have never been there. Heard they install all kinds of things from suspension to turbos. Performance Alignment is a pretty nice place, I got my alignment there...and the guy is still part of the pit crew for F1..they drive an AUDI. The guy called my GC/AGX a mickey mouse setup!!! I couldn't believe it

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, KYB AGX/Ground Control 350 in/lb front 300 in/lb rear, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set), Timing changed to 15 degrees

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are Performance Alignment's prices?

------------------
1-9-9-9 SE Limited
At a robbery anything goes... do whatcha wanna do

·
VE powered
556 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saaby:
There is this place called "Cincy Speed Warehouse"....but I have never been there.
</font>
When I was living in Cinti they mostly catered to the hot rod domestic crowd. Perhaps with the growing number of import enthusiats that is changing.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
The guy called my GC/AGX a mickey mouse setup!!! I couldn't believe it

</font>
If you have to use duct tape/o-rings to affix the threaded sleeve over your struts then, well, it is mickey mouse.
If you want a true coilover go with Shocktek and pay at least twice as much.

Steve

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
mickey mouse or not...it is a long proven setup for the poor man that can let you out handle many cars on the road.

-saaby

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Is that you Attwood? How have you been?
Nick McCollom 93nx2000

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
I got an alignment with corner weighting for $90.

-saaby

·
VE powered
556 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sakerocket1:
Is that you Attwood? How have you been?
Nick McCollom 93nx2000
</font>
Not too bad as long as you can deal with the 2nd worst traffic in the nation. I've been autox'ing quite a bit... getting ready to install a Quaife.

How was the heat wave? Did you tie the knot yet?

Steve

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Whats up nick, jason...I am thinking about bleeding my breaks and installing some new break pads to do some racing. You guys can come down if you want. Let me know and we can set it up.

-saaby

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
No I'm getting married april 12 2003, Iknow its a ways away but I need som addresses for invites. Jacen and saaby, whats up? I am good at brakes. and I also need to put my other three pulleys on still. anyone want to do that? Also there is an scca race this sat, sun at lunken airfield 2 mile circut if I can get my new spindle on do a descent alignment and get two new tires on the front I'll race. I still havent auto-x 1 tis year.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
I would like some detail too, maybe we can all hook up.

-saaby

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I just found out its a pro scca race so we can only watch bummer.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Cincy guys? Cool - so who is going to come help me swap the bearings out in my DET next week? :p

Seriously?

Chris
Working on a DET into a 97 200sx se project

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
dude...I live like 2 min from erlanger...
we gotta hook up!

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, KYB AGX/Ground Control 350 in/lb front 300 in/lb rear, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set), Timing changed to 15 degrees

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Cool - so who is going to come help me swap the bearings out in my DET next week? :p</font>
I wish I had time. I am interested in how to do this (I've never done it but if I shoudl ever need a DET...). If you know when you are going to do it could you post in the events forum or something?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I'd come help but my fiance just had surgery and I got to take care of her. maybe soon though I'd like to see the car anyway.
Nick McCollom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts