SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can everyone tell me how there ride is in the city, we have the crappiest raods in Richmond and i feel like my car is going to shoot the struts through the mounts lol.

tell me what set up you guys are using and whats the ride hight.

·
ClamSlut
5,043 Posts
It depends on your spring rate. I have GCs with 325/350 on AGXs in the se-r. Its very very harsh. I don't like driving it on a daily basis.

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have weapon R circuit pro coil overs and kyb GR2's It is a harsh ride in the city but properly built roads are fine, its just when Vdot doesnt do there job the ride sux, hit a bump and feel the stress rise up .

what do you have yoru coil overs down too? ive got mine to a 2" drop.

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
along time ago i herd of people shaving bump stops?

dont ream me i just herd it i dont even know where the bump stops are on the b13 lol . I never had the problem with the b12

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
It just takes some getting used to, my last car was lower than my nx and I have neverf had a problem, it just takes some time and you learn to deal with it :)

-josh

·
"Pimping aint Easy"
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just find this so odd, when i never had a problem with the 89 with 16x7's with 205 55 r16 and 205 40 r16 series tires on. i mean it was a stiff ride, but still nicer than some of the bumps i hit now adays.

the car drives great just doesnt take pot holes well , but i guess no car does.

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Teal97 said:
josh, why should we get used to a crap ride when we don't have to? this isn't 1997 anymore. back then we (se-r owners) didn't have the choices we have now. pm me for further discussion.
I guess it all depends on your definition of crap ride, lol, I LOVE a ride thats stiff as hell and not forgiving over bumps. But then again I'm weird, I also like gutted interiors, no ac in the summer, and loud exhaust. I'm aware there are more choices, and mabye when I get older and less patient I'll choose one, but for now, I'm lovin it! When I say get used to it, I mostly meant get used to going slow over bumps, and scraping :)

-Josh

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
Btw....

You say that your car is dropped 2". What's the spring rate? How long have you had them with the GR-2's? It may be possible that the GR-2's might not be strong enough to withstand the higher spring rates and thus may be coming to an early demise. That said, the AGX's would probably be your best bet.

Also, tire size is a factor in ride comfort as well, but not nearly as much as choosing the right spring and struts to use. Just my 2 cents. ;)

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
I dunno about my NX, even with it "slam'd" on b14 15" wheels, its still got good clearance. My Z on the otherhand, it SUCKS driving downtown. Its always grounding out and scrapping....hell with my Z i can't even pull into work, i have to park accross the street :( and I scrape every time I pull in and out of my garage...

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
the roads in richmond arent that bad, try pittsburgh after it snows and theres pot holes galor. bout your car though my friends that live up there have agx eibach combos there cars ride fine even through the cobble stone main street my car however, i scraped the crap outta my exhaust.

·
8,886 Posts
You have a crappy suspension and a crappy ride. Big surprize. You get what you pay for. I have been thru Richmond several times in my car (even loaded down with a full load) and it has been fine. Shortened Koni's and stiff springs. Spend some money to put some decent stuff on your car and it will improve. To go low you need shortened struts. PERIOD.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Dropped89 said:
Can everyone tell me how there ride is in the city, we have the crappiest raods in Richmond and i feel like my car is going to shoot the struts through the mounts lol.

tell me what set up you guys are using and whats the ride hight.
You haven't even begun to realize how bad rodes can be until you've been to michigan :(

·
Sportbike fevah
1,003 Posts
Bad Roads.

97SE-R C2 said:
You haven't even begun to realize how bad rodes can be until you've been to michigan :(
I disagree with extreme prejudice.

;)

The roads around here (Mid-Coast Maine)
are SOOO bad it's unreal. Potholes, frost
heaves, sections of road with the asphalt
crinkled up like somebody's crappy paint job.

My GC/AGX Combo doesn't ride very well at
all. Going to dump the AGX's for shortened
stockers with nifty Koni inserts in relatively
short order.

Can't take it anymore. I can't tell you how
many times I've been jarred by slamming into
full spring compression, a.k.a. full coil bind.

Peter

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
98sr20ve said:
You have a crappy suspension and a crappy ride. Big surprize. You get what you pay for. I have been thru Richmond several times in my car (even loaded down with a full load) and it has been fine. Shortened Koni's and stiff springs. Spend some money to put some decent stuff on your car and it will improve. To go low you need shortened struts. PERIOD.
I can't believe this thread went so long without someone stating the obvious. Search Nazi's must be on holiday. Definitely time to drop some dosch on a better set-up. Springs and dampers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts