SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has done this? I did it about one month ago and it is not hard at all. It's nice to do to inspect condition of the wires and connectors. I sprayed the entire wiring harness several times with simple green and let it soak. Then shot it with a pressure washer to finish the job. Be smart, you don't have to get too close to the harness to clean all the simple green off of it. Hang it to dry by a fan for a couple hours. A friend and I then unwrapped the entire harness, make sure you pay attention to what you're unwrapping and how it was put together. We used 4 whole rolls of black tape. The harness looks brand new. Every connector is in mint shape and perfectly clean. It really sounds like a lot more work than it really is, plus it's cheaper than buying an entirely new harness. Having the harness out also makes it easier to install your resistors and injector clips. Good luck! ;)

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
The engine harness. I did it on my car and my brother just did half of his harness last weekend. Looks refreshed, like new.

Brent

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
I sat down while the harness was out of the car. Then I almost pulled my hair out and said screw it. Too much electrical tape and cleaning for me. LoL. So mine is still dirty.

Corey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts