SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Egg Lover
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you guys used to clean the engine bay and engine? Also where can you spray water without harming anything? Thanks.

------------------
93 NX2000 auto, advanced timing, Hiper Flow POP filter, new motor mounts, 100k miles.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I used that good ole engine degreaser, white can from Autozone. Took a soft wire brush and hit the dirtiest places, let it sit for about 15-20 to work into the hard dirt, then spray it off at your local "DO-IT-YOURSELF" carwash. Those high pressure sprayers kick butt. I would reccommend taking a Kroger ( or whatever ) plastic bag and wrapping around your intake, distributor, and fuse/relay boxes before doing this. Mine looked showroom new after I did it the day after I brought her home! Hope this helps!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 91 Cams, NOS 50 Shot, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 10-16-2001).]

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by keithert:
What have you guys used to clean the engine bay and engine? Also where can you spray water without harming anything? Thanks.

</font>
Check this out: http://www.se-r.net/car_info/clean/detail_engine.html

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, CN Exhaust, 91 I-cam, 138whp/128wtq, Coming attractions: Toda Racing cams

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
And remember like shell says in the article, engines dont like to swim. So dont go nuts with the hose or wand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts