SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, anybody know where i can get a set or good instructions to make my own?

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake and more to come!!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys, help me out here!!!!
The stock orange ones are so damn ugly!!!

------------------
Daniel K

G

·
im sorry i dont either but if you find out tell me i want them too, already got the side ones from nis-knacks

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Thought Nis-kacks has the bumper leneses. I swear there was instructions somewhere I saw them before. Try searching the archives. I know its somewhere, maybe on one of the sites on the webring. It was like go get some from a junkyard, so you dont screw up your stock ones. Take the lens off and use it to cut a piece of plexi glass like it, then take and rough up the back with some sand paper so you cant see though easily. Something like that. But they wont be as good as the stock ones because they wont be reflective.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I contacted nis-knacks and they said that they dont sell them and they dont know of anybody that makes them. They suggested to make them out of flourescent lighting material. I took a trip to home depot and picked some up. It is really thin so i cut out and glued 3 sheets together. they look great. Now i have to sand them down with my dremel to a perfect fit. the only thing im wondering about is how to connect them to the lighting fixture. I might use some clear silicon and just have to pry it off when a lightbulb burns out, one thing is for sure, im buying new bulbs before I seal them in.

------------------
Daniel K

·
Registered
1,928 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link, but im almost done and they are looking pretty damn good! I'll let you guys know how they turn out. right now im letting the silicon dry they I have to dremel them down to a perfect fit and seal them with more silicon. I should be done by the end of the day.

------------------
Daniel K

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, they are finally done!!! They do look pretty good, not quite as good a fit as the originals but Im satisfied, they only ended up costing me just over 5 bucks. damn I'm good.:> hahahahaha

------------------
Daniel K

G

·
wow! that site is pretty cool, but i nedd to find a way to get a red circle somewhere in the taillight in order for it to be legal, at least in my state. i think ill go to the junkyard and practice on a different set

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I gotta better idea, go to a hardware store and buy a couple of those driveway markers that are on the poles with the circle reflectors at the top, those should work great!!!

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake, clear bumper lenses and more to come!!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
crazynxracer...i thought clear tails where leagal in MA as long as you have red bulbs?...im doing the same clear tiallight thing the next 2 weeks( im home for spring break and my car is off the road until summer) but i was gonna leave the whole taillight clear and just have the red bulbs....

G

·
no in MA you need the red circle in it too! thats why all the honduh's have them now cuz the totally clear ones with just the red bulb wee illegal! i want to have someone help me do this, i dont want to **** up bad! anyone gonna be in the MA area want to help

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya, its the same way here in washington.
i guess that the red bulbs dont show through very well during the day time.

------------------
Daniel K

G

·
yeah thats exactly it! i think they look really nice with the red in it tho, so it doesnt really matter, i really wish some company would make them for our cars, that would be sweet! but on the other hand, every NX would have them and they would be played out real quick and then we would just be straight out rice! that would suck

G

·
What do you meen "every nx would have them" I see maybe 3-4 nx's a month in cincy ohio. I dont think I see modded ones but maybe once every 6 months unless its a listmember at a meet

but on the other hand, every NX would have them and they would be played out real quick and then we would just be straight out rice! that would suck[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think that the NX is so rare that they could never be riced out, besides who cares, I used to drive a honda and it is so nice to actually have a selection of parts to choose from, and not just stuck buying something because this one company is the only company that makes it, ya know? who makes an actual catback exhaust for the NX2000? Remus is the only one that i have ever seen. and i think remus sucks! I dont want that **** on my car. but it is cool that the is so underrated and underlooked.

------------------
Daniel K

·
Registered
292 Posts
if that is true about Ma needing a red i think im just gonna make the smallest little red rectangle..i want my tails to be as clear as possible without any other color..(my car is white and i think clear would look best)..but im gonna check with inspections this week before i pull them off...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts