SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I dropped my car off at the dealership so that they could re-install my side skirts, and remove the "SE" logo that they placed on my car.

When I went to pick it up, the logo's gone but my side skirts aren't on. I spoke to the body shop guy, and he said that the clips for the SE-limited are very hard to find.

The ones that originally came in were the wrong ones, and then they tried to use other clips, none of which worked. He told me that he then called Nissan Canada, who told him that the only way he could get these "special" clips, would be to order a new side skirt. I left my car there overnight, as they said that they'd try to get the proper ones in.

I just got off the phone with them, and he said that the new clips didn't work. I asked him if the clips from a 98 200SX would work, but he said that they tried it and that they're different.

This sounds like such a load of bs to me. How could Nissan use "special" clips on side skirts for a limited production, end of the line car? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Has anyone transplanted skirts onto a SE-limited? Did you have the same problems that this dealership is having? Please let me know...I just want my car back to normal!

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
I am assuming that your side skirts where on the car at some time. I know I am missing something here. Are you having them replaced? If they where on the car before, what happened to the clips that the car came with originally? I am assuming that they were damaged/lost/etc... I will look in my FSM when I get home and see if it says anything about replacing the "clips"

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saaby,

My car was hit about a month ago. Damage was done to the passenger front quarter panel, front door, rear door and the side skirt. The dealership did the body work, and when they removed the side skirt, they damaged the clips.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
This is all I could come up with from the service manual about the clips for the side skirts of 99 Sentra SE. The first picture shows how many clips there are (it shows 2, but there is probably more??):

This picture shows that the type of clip is C101, it looks like there are 3 types of C101 clips and I am not sure which one of the three is the type of clips for side skirts:

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set)

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 03-30-2001).]

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
in all honesty, sideskirt stuff can be the hardest thing to get. we have ordered a few sets in for se-rs and 200sx se skirts come in, or sentra se stuff. we have even taken apart some cars trying to get the right part# off of it, and still comes back wrong. sucks, but they are clips, and they should get them. I believe the se-r ones are the same too.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
705 Posts
FWIW...my drivers side skirt isnt held on by any clips. I took the skirt off one day to clean behind it( mud and **** cakes up in there) and i broke em all. Its only held on by the bolts on eihter end, and is on there just fine...doesnt hang low or anything.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts