SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well has anyone with their turbo cars get a clogged or melted convertor??? How did you know? What are the signs?? I know the sign of lack of power but i think i may have a clooged converter. If i get no responses i guess i'll have to wait till wed to bring it to work and pull the converter down.

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
I melted the inside of my cat, it felt like therewas something holding my car back around 4-5K rpm. I dropped it out and it was bad. Hope this helps.

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yikes..well im noticing very high egt's!!!!! did yours go through the entire rpm range???

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so you guys are saying its most likely a melted convertor causing my high idle/WOT boosting egt's???

·
Registered
825 Posts
I guess this is something that I have to look forward to since I have a converter on my car now. Lucky I got a e-cutout!

·
Mr.200SX @ the dash
1,679 Posts
Do what I did.. I took it off and destroyed everything in it.. after I did that my car hits redline so much quicker. Right now my car is running a little rich so I was gonna kill it anyways so I got head of time before the car did. :)

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well guys i pulled the convertor down and found it was broken..i punched it out and went for a ride. Still runs hot. I saw 1550 deg F so i let off(mind you this is JUST getting to full 7PSI!!!!) it idles at 800deg F!!!! Its actually running a little bit hotter!!! WTF!

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alrighty...i wanna check that but i dont remember which line on the UR pulley i need for 15 deg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts