SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same as the title, I was leaving work tonight and when I turned the lights on, the light behind the cluster that lights up the tach, speedo, gas, and oil gauges doesn't come up. That was the only non working thing, the rest of the lights for ebrake, high beams, etc work. It's just the little bulb that screws right in on the back of the cluster right? Or is it something else?

·
ya dig
1,053 Posts
jus the bulb, i baught mine like that :( on my b13 ...its not too hard to do jus kinda frustating when i put it back to get her and somthing did go back into place and had to start all over

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
make sure your connector didnt come off the dimmer

·
For serious...
129 Posts
You have your indicator lights, but no speedo, gas, temp, or tach right? The same exact thing happened to me and nothing was posted that helped. I have a 95 SER, and it turns out that the headlamp switch isnt making a good connection. Try this:
1. At night, turn on your high beams.
2. If they work, then try to pull the switch towards you, like, stick it in ON position.
3. Chances are, your highbeams work, but pulling towards you wont set them on. Theres your problem. Keep playing with that switch and eventually it will make connection again.

Conan

·
For serious...
129 Posts
Oh yeah, this only applies if the lights in your HVAC do not work either, and the dimmer switch IS functional.

I used this as an excuse to put reverse indiglos in my dash =) However, if your problem sounds like mine, dont go removing your cluster. I checked all 4 of my bulbs and they were fine.

Conan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts