SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IIIIIII'MMMMMMMMM BACK!!! My bro ended up getting my NX (and all the gremlins that came with it....) Anyway, he took off on a hill the other day (turning to the right) and hammered the clutch and it just sat there, and eventually slowly took off. He brought it by my house, and asked what I thought was wrong with it (I noticed a smell, but I thought it was a dead squirrel or something) I drove it around the block (pretty hard) and it shifted and launched fine. ANY IDEAS??? Also, the CAR had a RANK ASS SMELL coming out from under it, not unlike the smell of a rotting animal carcass. I don't think it could be smog-related, cause the last owner removed the AIR, unplugged the EGR, and gutted the CAT. HELP!!! I'm trying to figure it out before he takes it to a local mechanic (who will probably change the clutch whether it needs it or not...)
Thanks for any replies....

TOBY in MO> w/ a '94 4x4 (still a Nissan...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oddly, when I was learning how to do manual 5 speed I had lots of times where I messed up a shift. And just sat there thinking: "WTF?" I think there's a learning curve for NX's. Not a lot of hills here in Illinois, thank goodness. How big of a hill and how much in a hurry was he?

------------------
Cynthia
92 NX2000

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NXDude:
IIIIIII'MMMMMMMMM BACK!!! My bro ended up getting my NX (and all the gremlins that came with it....) Anyway, he took off on a hill the other day (turning to the right) and hammered the clutch and it just sat there, and eventually slowly took off. He brought it by my house, and asked what I thought was wrong with it (I noticed a smell, but I thought it was a dead squirrel or something) I drove it around the block (pretty hard) and it shifted and launched fine. ANY IDEAS??? Also, the CAR had a RANK ASS SMELL coming out from under it, not unlike the smell of a rotting animal carcass. I don't think it could be smog-related, cause the last owner removed the AIR, unplugged the EGR, and gutted the CAT. HELP!!! I'm trying to figure it out before he takes it to a local mechanic (who will probably change the clutch whether it needs it or not...)
Thanks for any replies....

TOBY in MO> w/ a '94 4x4 (still a Nissan...)
</font>
That is definately your clutch. It will happen more times in the future. As long as it does not slip don't worry. Thats how the stock clutch smells after a good slippin'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds to me like he didnt let off the clutch fast enough, i have done that a few times when learning o drive it, but thats just my opinion.

------------------
92 NX2000 w/ primera swap, MSD ignition, ACT 4 puck clutch, ES motor mounts, Hotshot headers, JWT ECU, A/C taken off, 75 shot of nitrous - want s4 cams and light flywheel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forgot to say whats up! and hows the *gulp* 4x4 doing, over the nx? lol

------------------
92 NX2000 w/ primera swap, MSD ignition, ACT 4 puck clutch, ES motor mounts, Hotshot headers, JWT ECU, A/C taken off, 75 shot of nitrous - want s4 cams and light flywheel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey CrazyNXracer,
I miss my NX a lot... It was just too big a pain to keep- it had a LOT of issues, and I was too lazy to try to fix them all. It had been in a wreck, and a lot of things were messed up... anyway, my truck is driving me nuts cause the steering is WAY loose and I think I'm gonna have to buy a new steering box (BIG MONEY.) It is a very reliable rig, but doesn't quite take the twisties like the NX did. If I could find another NX WWWWWAAAAAAYYYYYYY cheap, I'd probably buy another one to tinker on... anyway I'll tell my brother to be easy on her- she's only got like 55,000 miles, the clutch should last a lot longer than that....
Thanks for the reply,

Lata- TOBY in MO/still drivin' a slow ass truck...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts