SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i did my swap, everyone always said to make sure u take the clutch bearing out of your old engine and put it on your new engine. but the thing is, there was no bearing when i took off the clutch? i am running a act 6 puck clutch so is there no bearing with that? I just talked to a guy tonight that said i shouldnt even really be running a 6 puck just for like driving to and from places and weekend racing. Im just trying to figure out why there was no bearing?

·
sellout
1,000 Posts
If you look at the top of the transmission you will see the release arm go straight down in. That is where the bearing is. It slides on a shaft and presses against the pressure plate. You are fine, it would have been a good idea to replace it while it was apart though.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
phew thats a relief, i thought that i like forgot to put something back when i had it apart, and now i would be screwed because my engine is all back in now. Tomorrow im hooking up the axles and i gotta put my struts back on then im gonna start her up :D

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts

If you're talking about the t/o bearing, its that round metallic thing (the one with the larger circumference) sitting around that shaft in the center of the tranny, as shown in the pic above.

·
I look good going slow
1,161 Posts
make sure u lube it cuz I didnt and its starting to piss me off. It was a flawless swap except.....crickets

1 - 7 of 7 Posts