SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was able to get the other piece of my clutch from the pedal and that was easy. The only problem is that There is a boot on the cable housing that is sitting in this plastic housing right behing the clutch bracket. How do I get it out of that housing??? Do I just yank it? Im afraid ill break the plastic housing. If you guys need pictures of what im talking about Ill gladly take a couple to help you guys understand better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Okay those first 2 pics are that hard plastic housing that the cable (with boot) it connected to. That last pic shows where the cable is stuck to the housing using my new cable for the example.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
That plastic piece is a just an "silencer" chamber attached to the intake. I find it easier to work on the clutch cable with the intake out of the way, honestly. The cable should not be connected to that plastic piece in anyway; it's just in the way. The silencer is held in by two 10mm bolts (one of which you can see in your 2nd pic).

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Once you get the intake out of the way you will see how everything is arranged. The pictues in that post I linked to show how the cable threads into a big metal bracket right below that plastic silencer. Did you unscrew the end of the cable that has the adjustment thumb-screw on it and attaches to the shift arm on the transmission?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went out there again and youre right there is a metal bracket holding it in there. Its right underneath that housing. Problem is I dont have any tools :( Stupid gf's brother wont answer my calls so I can borrow his sockets.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually just pulled that through and same with the pedal so its just the boot from the old cable sitting in there.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I went out there again and youre right there is a metal bracket holding it in there. Its right underneath that housing. Problem is I dont have any tools :( Stupid gf's brother wont answer my calls so I can borrow his sockets.
Ughh...get a basic set of 3/8 metric sockets and a ratchet. A couple flat and philips screw drivers, a basic plier set ASAP. Craftsman sells all this stuff for probably 60 or 70 dollars or they have a basic little set (that will include standard sockets and wrenches) for keeping in your car. Good to have to do emergency repairs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is that all the stuff I need to take out the intake? When I do get the tools should I just take off the airbox thats connected to the MAS or take of the whole thing?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
God news, her brother finally called me back and hes going to come up here. He used to be a mechanic too so he'll probably know how to take out the intake better than me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts