SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when its tightened all the way, you can still jiggle it, and i cant chirp , will a new cable cure this not chirping disease?

------------------
92 nx2000 - im good enough, im smart enough, and dogonnit, poeple like me!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you have an after market clutch & flywheel combo? In some cases these combos require 2 new holes drilled into the cable retainer on the transmission causing the retainer to slide closer to the fire wall. Remove it and drill them about 1/2 way from the present holes to the edge. If it does not work, no damage done, just some lost time. Some after market clutch/flywheel combos require this. Change the cable while you are at it. Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope just a couple month old stock clutch with a just cut stock flywheel.

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take out the nut that's closer to the firewall, and you can adjust the cable about 1/4" farther up. You don't want any tension on it, or you will wear the clutch, though. Get some tension, then back it off a couple of turns.

-Jay

[This message has been edited by jayntguru (edited 04-30-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cable is not to bad of a replace job. Just do the new cable. It's not fun flying down the road and doing a fast shift..... crunch... goes the gears as the cable breaks. A girlie I knew (who purchased an NX) had this happen and she drives hers like it's a baby. If the problem continues with the stock setup, someone did not grind the flywheel to proper spec. You may need to move the bracket at that point.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea cable swaps usualy not that bad of a deal. Never done one on a sentra but did one on my samurai. Losen the jamb nut on the holder and then slide the whole thing out... Replace. Easy usualy and looking from where the se-r's cable it its easier on these than the samruai. Hard part would be taking out the intake and possibly battery to get to everything. The sam had to snake the cable all the way around the engine to get to the control arm

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought it yesterday for 23.00 so today im putting it in! i saw what i have to do, its not hard but i have to move the alarm and something else out of the way, hope i can finally chirp again after this.

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i put it in today, really easy btw. umm my clutch feels a lot better! but no chirping. WTF! i really dont want to put any more money into this ****en clutch, im getting soo ****en mad!!!!!!!! 300 for ACT kit then another at least 100 for the actual job! my stock clutch is less than 2 months old, i got my flywheel cut, new clutch cable! can anyone help me?

------------------

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
By the look of the rims on your car...that could be the reason. Big heavy rims not condusive to chirping the tires, if that is what you are so conserned about. Did you break in the clutch properly? Is it adjusted properly?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
before i use to get third sometimes with the 17's but not with this setup, everything is adjusted right! i would just buy the ACT clutch but all of my friends that are good with cars start to get money hungry when i need to get to my tranny, you know, UNLESS, someone that knows how to do that can help me out!!

------------------

1 - 12 of 12 Posts