SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i kno there are so many conflicting opinions on the forum about clutch setups....what works and what dosent work
well my stock clutch blows ass....i cant even come close to chirping second.....so i need a new clutch and would love you guys help
im will be running:
b14 se-r
91 intake cam
2.5" catback
PR CAI
OBX headers
thats about it .....i have been looking at a few different options and would like to keep the cost to a minimum while having a durable clutch i can atleast put some power down with ive come up with a few options
1. Spec stage 1 clutch
2. C.a.p. Hp clutch kit
3.Key value kit
4. Key value kit with b15 disc
what would you guys reccomend for me and my baby....thanks
sTyLeZ

·
Registered
46 Posts
why not act? i've used them for years and never had a problem. pedal effort kinda sucks sometimes, but you get a buff left calf muscle to show for it.

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
i like my spec - but its a stage 3, so i cant really compare it to stage 1. and ive only had it for 500 miles so I have no idea if its reliable yet, my ACT lasted less than 6 months before a spring blew out. the ACT pressure plates seem to be fine though.

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
im looking at the clutchnet, i just called them today, anyone can recommend me either the fiber-carbon or the "smooth lock pro"? they recommended me the fiber carbon one, it is 50 dollars more, and I am running almost the same setup as homeboy......

thanks

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
im looking at the clutchnet, i just called them today, anyone can recommend me either the fiber-carbon or the "smooth lock pro"? they recommended me the fiber carbon one, it is 50 dollars more, and I am running almost the same setup as homeboy......i want something streetable, but also stiff, since i drive like a maniac....
thanks

·
Registered
310 Posts
NateSR20 said:
my ACT lasted less than 6 months before a spring blew out. the ACT pressure plates seem to be fine though.
that **** better not happen to me... just got my act in two weeks ago, and i'm loving it so far.

·
Registered
381 Posts
beethaniel said:
im looking at the clutchnet, i just called them today, anyone can recommend me either the fiber-carbon or the "smooth lock pro"? they recommended me the fiber carbon one, it is 50 dollars more, and I am running almost the same setup as homeboy......i want something streetable, but also stiff, since i drive like a maniac....
thanks
i jus installed that disc with an ACT HD PP and im very happy. Since many people say ACT and SE discs are the same i wont buy any in the future. compared to the clutchnet disc, the springs are barely reinforced. next time im goin with a whole clutchnet setup

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
I dont know if any of you guys noticed - but SPEC has a lightweight option for their clutches. It costs an extra $70 or so - I wonder how much lighter it is and if its just as strong?

·
Banned
1,252 Posts
clutchmaster sucks and i have had a act for a lng time and only problem i had was te 6 puck if you get the hdss that is excellent

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i need suttn low budget.....cause i cant install it myself and am gonna hafta pay......plus its lacrosse season so im not working much anymore

1 - 14 of 14 Posts