SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my car has 5th gear popout, so I am swapping the tranny from my old sr20 powered car. I have a ACT HD PP/Street disc combo that came out of the old car. From what i have read the disc is basically a stock nissan disc. The clutch assembly is about 6k old, the disc shows miimal wear however the springs are alitte loose. I was told buy a se-r veteran that I should replace the disc. I immediately think 2001 disc. So I have the following questions.

1) Should I replace the disc?
2) Would it be a big mistake to buy a autoparts store disc instead of dealership?
3) How many discs can I go throuh before the PP is needed to be replaced?

TIA

·
Boost Addict
1,451 Posts
No generic brands. Just buy the 2000 SE B15 disc from the Nissan Dealer. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump, for more opinions

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
NISMOrob said:
1) Should I replace the disc?
Well, not really. 6,000 miles of use isn't much, unless it was 6,000 of nothing but abuse. If you do replace it, getting an '00 SE disc is not a bad idea at all.

NISMOrob said:
2) Would it be a big mistake to buy a autoparts store disc instead of dealership?
Yes. The discs/clutch kits that autoparts stores like Autozone, Advance Auto etc. carry are not meant for abuse.

NISMOrob said:
3) How many discs can I go throuh before the PP is needed to be replaced?
Depends on the condition of the PP. If the fingers are gone to hell and the overall condition of the PP looks bad, it's time for a replacement. No one can guess how many dics it can take before the PP needs to be replaced. It's an item that has variable rate of wear, meaning some may need to replace it really early, some can go without replacing the PP for a long time. Therfore, YMMV.

·
SE-R Searcher
1,861 Posts
with only 6K miles the disc is probably fine. Also, you may have problems using a stock nissan disc with a ACT PP. I am not sure that the clearances are the same for the disc and PP surfaces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts