SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to install a zex flywheel and act clutch this weekend and would appreciate any tips on what would make this install go smoothly. Also is there anything that should be replaced while the tranny is out. Thanks again.

Travis

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Thats all I know!

Thats all I can think of right now. Ofcourse new tranny fluid but other than that I think that should be about it. Correct me if I am wrong guys. Lets help this brotha out.

·
too many toys
386 Posts
Re: Thats all I know!

I just did my clutch last weekend, so everything is still really fresh in my mind. I replaced the following parts: clutch disk, pressure plate, throwout bearing, both axle seals, the rear main crank seal (didn't leak, but i figured since i was in there...), transmission oil (obviously), the one circlip on the driver's side axle, and had the flywheel resurfaced. I think thats it. Unless your clutch cable needs replacing.

My motor mounts were sagging pretty bad, so all four of them got replaced as well. The two hardest ones to replace become the two easiest ones to replace when you have the transmission out, so if you are planning on doing that sometime, its something worth considering.

Some people claim they supported the engine from above - how they did that I don't know. I supported mine from the aluminum oil pain between the exhaust pipe and the center cross member.

After the installation, I had to slightly modify the clutch cable by cutting off half an inch or so of the threads from the end and remove the adjustment lock nut. This was because of the flywheel being resurfaced (a little) and (mostly) due to the JWT pressure plate.

I could probably answer any specific questions you have as well.

Aaron

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Re: Re: Thats all I know!

luminus said:
flywheel being resurfaced (a little) and (mostly) due to the JWT pressure plate.

I could probably answer any specific questions you have as well.

Aaron
Hey Aaron,
How much did you pay for the JWT plate?

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
No offense but that JWT PP is way too soft!!!
Uh, I cant stand it. I like the harshness of the 4 puck or Dual friction 90% grabbing power!!!!! Its such a great feeling.
Its like grabbing the car by the balls and telling it to "MOVE NOW MOTHERF*cker!!" :cool: :D

I would pick up some MT-90 transmission oil from www.myoilshop.com and everything luminus said, including the clutch cable if you have alot of miles.
I would get all this from our friendly neighborhood spider-man "brian" over at www.courtesyparts.com or @ 1-800-527-1909. Good luck!!!

JOnathan

·
too many toys
386 Posts
SmoothDaddyFig said:
No offense but that JWT PP is way too soft!!!
JOnathan
Yeah, the pedal feel of the JWT PP is really soft, but it still holds 20-30% better than the stock PP. The JWT PP and a stock disk is very streetable, but a definate upgrade over completely stock.

It really just comes down to what you like!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I need some help on my new act six puck clutch and zex flywheel install. I cannot figure out why the clutch fork had so much play in the linkage when the tranny was finally installed. I removed the tranny again to see the cause and noticed the pressure plates were almost flat. This to me seemed odd, so I started removing the bolts on the pressure plate. After I loosened the pressure plate, the individual plates moved out again forming a uniformed cone shape as I remembered prior to the install. Is this normal or I'm doing something wrong. Please provide any info that will help me finish this install before christmas eve.

Thanks again,

Travis 93 SE-R

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
93SER said:
I need some help on my new act six puck clutch and zex flywheel install. I cannot figure out why the clutch fork had so much play in the linkage when the tranny was finally installed. I removed the tranny again to see the cause and noticed the pressure plates were almost flat. This to me seemed odd, so I started removing the bolts on the pressure plate. After I loosened the pressure plate, the individual plates moved out again forming a uniformed cone shape as I remembered prior to the install. Is this normal or I'm doing something wrong. Please provide any info that will help me finish this install before christmas eve.

Thanks again,

Travis 93 SE-R
I replied up in general - hope it helps some.

·
Registered
312 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts