SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Turbo owns you!!!!!!!!
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a GTi-R swap in my 92 SE-R and was planning on getting the ACT Extreme but i heard they are having some problems with it. Has anyone heard anyhting about this. What do u think would be the best clutch to hold this power for road race/drag/street?

R

·
0 Posts
I would really recommend you getting the JWT Metal One side clutch (referred to as Stage II from here on). It's the same pressure plate but the disc is much beefier and has a 6 metal contact patches on the flywheel side.

I have this clutch on my SE and it grabs very well. It's not a harsh engage like the ACT is. Which I think is *very* bad. The ACT's engage instantly and cars w/ few mods can chirp going into 4th! This harsh engagment can lead to your tranny breaking.

With the Stage II clutch its a nice smooth engagement no harsh engagement. Pedal effort is the same as a stock clutch. On the ACT pedal effort is *HIGH*.

What happens w/ the metal is that as it slips the co-efficient of friction of the metal increases as it heats up causing it to grab more. But its a smooth grab not a slam like the ACT.

I really recommend this for a Turbo. Clark at JWT said it should be good for 300whp.

·
Turbo owns you!!!!!!!!
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much is the JWT stage 2? will it grab good enough for race use?

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
It's all about the ACT 6 puck disk with HD pressure plate. Pedal effort is perfect, very responsive clutch. Only downsides are clutch chatter when you start heating it up. Grabs like a mutha, but I use it daily to get to school and work, I love it. Once you learn how to drive with it, you almost forget its there..... Well, almost. :) But if you're planning on putting down some serious HP numbers, and you dont want to be changing clutches every few months or every year, stick with this. It's a race proven setup.

Frank
96 200sx SE-R
Turbo

R

·
0 Posts
SE-R / GTi-R said:
how much is the JWT stage 2? will it grab good enough for race use?
I believe it was almost $500. But worth it in my opinion.

RK

·
Turbo owns you!!!!!!!!
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i went to ACT website and they had a kit for the se-r with the DET motor swap. It uses the extreme and had a funky looking disc. Does anyone know about this kit. I was just going to use the regular se-r ACT extreme pressure plate kit.:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts