SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was leaving for work one morning and my clutch felt kind of weird, like hard to push and not so smooth... it sometimes felt kind of weird like that every so often too when it was cold out. I put a new clutch,pp and throwout bearing in probably almost 2 years ago by now i think.

anyway i was taking off and i hit the clutch again to change gears and it hit the floor. i thought the cable broke but theres no tension on the fork anymore when i checked.

i thought maybe the throwout bearing got messed up? i dont know how this would happen. can someone clue me in?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, thats what i was thinking too... how would it happen? but i suppose maybe the fork arm could have broke like you said too. ugh!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The same thing happened to me last week. I'm not sure what exactly is happened, since the cable seems fine.
I checked the fork arm today and I was able to move it from side to side a little bit, but not much. It seems like the arm lost some tension, but to be sure, how stiff is the fork arm supposed to be? Should I be able to move it at all?

Thanks

·
Parts hoarder.. hehe
492 Posts
If you have a stiff pressure plate (aftermarket) .. And if the cable is fine... your clutch lever is broken.. This happened to me several times.. I have an ACT heavy duty pressure plate.. I was attempting to disengauge the clutch when there was a snap and the pedal fell to the floor and stuck.. lol.. I got it back home drivin without a clutch.. (talent :D) The lever seperated right where the arm meets the shaft that goes down into the bell housing.. I bent the lvl forward and welded it.. That repair lasted me about 3 months then it broke again in the same spot.. Obviously I needed to reinforce that area so.. lol.. This is pretty ghetto-fabulous but.. I layed a washer on top of the lever and welded that to it.. lol.. that never broke again.. hehe..

I later replaced the lever when I had the tranny out again.. lol..

Pic for your enjoyment!

-neil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts