SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
well....theres not much hint because everything is just straight forward....take everthing that attaches to the transmission off and take off transmission.....put in clutch, align clutch and reinstall tranny.....the only advice i can think of is remember where your bolts go....like me i put some bolts in the wrong place, and it dont affect anything but its just better to not have any bolt left over....and if your doing a pilot bushing or whatever you call that thing....make sure you have a good hard tool that curves and grips at the end because your gonna have a great time trying to get this think out.....and just try to align the cluch as center as you can so you wont have to struggle with the tranny going in.....and make sure everything is out of the way when putting the tranny in or youll have to take it back out because something is stuck between it....like me the metal brace that holds the wires on top of the tranny go stuck inbetween the tranny and motor, had me thinking for a while why wont the damn tranny go in....and just becareful when removeing the tranny....hope this helps....

·
Registered
229 Posts
when removing the axle , have some type of oil pan to catch the tranny oil thats gonna drip when removing it from the tranny

·
G20.net stray
308 Posts
I just did mine a couple of weekends ago with the help of this link:

http://nismopc.tripod.com/clutch_job.htm

and my FSM... worked out pretty well. It took me ~3 days of careful work and a few mistakes, but everything seemed to workout. Its all about discovering your car and strange bolts and really really tight bolts, etc.

Removing and re-installing the drivers axle was nearly the hardest part (most time consuming) so I was unaware that you dont need to do this. You do (i would assume) need to remove it from the hub assembly though so it will pull out with the tranny though, but that isnt so bad (on a G20)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts