SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got another problem. this one really sucks.
my clutch is doing some wierd ****. whenever i depress the pedal, it is like really easy to push and then, about halfway down, it gets really hard to push. i don't know what the deal is. also, when i release the pedal, it get stuck at this 'halfway point' and i have to put my foot under it to pull it up all the way.
anyone have any ideas. this clutch was replaced last summer by the dealer. i don't want to buy a new one until i get my det.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Change the clutch cable. Should be like $40 from Courtesey. It took me about 30 min to change. Now that I have done it once I could do it in less than 10. it is real simple.

------------------
MarC

96 w/ very little stuff
AIM SER96MarC

·
Registered
420 Posts
before you replace it, try tighting it...without the sticking problem that's kinda the way I have mine set up. Let's me shift realy quick. Gives a new meaning to ride the clutch. Trying adjusting that coke bottle looking adjustment and nut on the clutch cable and if that doesn't help, give Courtesy a call.

·
Registered
420 Posts
before you replace it, try tighting it...without the sticking problem that's kinda the way I have mine set up. Let's me shift realy quick. Gives a new meaning to ride the clutch. Trying adjusting that coke bottle looking adjustment and nut on the clutch cable and if that doesn't help, give Courtesy a call.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits in closet

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by forget:
is this a usual problem? </font>

Yep

------------------
MarC
96 w/ very little stuff
AIM SER96MarC

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
If you want a shitty clutch, try the 98-99 Sentra SE's and SE-R's. It SUCKS!!! I have 60,000 miles on mine (bought it with 50,000 was owned by an older guy who drove to work an hour each day everyday so it was babied) and it's chattering like hell after it warms up from going from a stop to 1st gear. UGHHH!! I can't even chirp the damn car from 1st to 2nd.

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
_______
3,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
If you want a shitty clutch, try the 98-99 Sentra SE's and SE-R's. It SUCKS!!! I have 60,000 miles on mine
snip'
and it's chattering like hell
</font>
60K your freaking lucky! Mine lasted 15k. I brought it to he dealer and had them replace it with the JWT unit no charge for labor

------------------
Mike
98sentraSE Turbo
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/mgoss/Page2.html

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I got about 10k out of mine
and then I drove on it for another 7-8k

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got about 65k from my first one, and now (5k later) i think its the cable. i'm gonna replace it and see if that fixes it.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats about what I got and needed to change the cable. That should fix it.

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Guys, mine is unbeliavable shitty. I am going to keep it though until it start to slip then I will be getting an ACT. Too much damn $$

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, i was going to replace my cable tonight, but it is damn 34 degrees and my damn propane tank for my shop's heater went out a week and a half at about three am. i didn't run out until five. its supposed to warm up this weekend. am i causing any really bad harm driving it like this?

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont think so. The cable is just hanging up as far as I can tell. You should be ok.

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got one from my local dealer today. i get most of my **** from them, rather than courtesy, because they are cheaper on OEM ****. (i got a good friend in the parts department) i can help you guys out if you like.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
Registered
202 Posts
173,000 miles on my original clutch ('94 SE-R) and counting. There's no modulation- it's engaged or it's not, but I won't replace it until it goes.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
changed the cable tonight. works much better. it's like a new clutch or something...really, really soft. the pedal is still acting retarded, tho...i guess i just need to adjust it some more...

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Will a new clutch cable really make it easier to depress?
The clutch on my car is really stiif! It is so stiff that my leg would shake when I first bought the car because I wasn't used to using so much pressure.
I had it checked out by a mechanic and he told me not to worry because I had a "high performance clutch" installed, so that's why it is stiffer. He told me the clucth should last forever.
I don't know if this is true, but I don't care at this point, at least it works. But will a new cable make it loosen up a bit?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts