SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SR20DE to 4G63T
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my clutch has been slipping really bad lately so im getting it replaced this week. so i was wonder, when i get my clutch replaced am i just replacing the clutch disk or do i have to replace some other **** down there?

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
If you're looking for a stock replacement, the Key Value Clutch Kit isn't a bad unit at all. A light flywheel would help a lot too, unless ofcourse you just want the car to remain stock.

·
-John-
690 Posts
I'd say get a light weight flywheel if you can. I was told that it's good to get the stock flywheel took to a machine metal shop and resurfaced because it can help the clutch grab better...anyone ever tried this and know if it makes a difference?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nismo654 said:
I'd say get a light weight flywheel if you can. I was told that it's good to get the stock flywheel took to a machine metal shop and resurfaced because it can help the clutch grab better...anyone ever tried this and know if it makes a difference?
I had my flywheel resurfaced when I did my clutch. As far as I know it is need, because the flywheel will warp over time. Only cost $30 bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts