SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys recommend I replace my stock clutch with on my '91 Sentra?

I was thinking either the JWT or Courtesy Nissan clutch kit.

Also, is it really worth getting a beefed up clutch for the car? The only mods I am planning are intake, exhaust and headers..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Cool, a clutch question. I'm getting a new tranny next month cuz mine is just totally shot to $hit. I was thinking about putting in the ACT street and strip set up since I'm most likely going to be putting a DET in there in Jan/Feb. The only mods I have are intake, exhaust and timing. Will the street and strip setup be way too much overkill for the minimal mods that I have. I don't plan on buying anything else like a header or ecu or cams or anything like that since I want most of my money going into getting the DET anyways. Any help would greatly be appreciated. TIA.

Mel

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more clutch question: Do any of the aftermarket clutches have a shorter throw than the stock clutch?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
First of all, the last question about the shortness of throws in the clutch. I think you mean the shifter in that last post, Doug, not the clutch. The clutch pedal won't change

About the clutch, IMHO the ACT streep strip clutch is best anywhere from someone with stock power levels looking for a better holding and more performance oriented clutch to someone with NOS or a turbo running upto arond 275hp. Add some slicks to your stock SE-R and forget about wheel hop and maybe even visit the 14's with stock power. Jay Hassinger's crazy turbo is using this clutch and he says it just barely slips.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I'll definately have to look into the ACT clutch.

And Ben, I actually was talking about the throw of the clutch. What brought this to my attention was driving my dad's MG the other day, the clutch only had about 2 inches of travel vs the 5 or so inches in my car..

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think you just need to adjust your clutch. There should be instructions on SE-R net that tell you how to adjust the clutch cable which I still need to do... hehehe

Mel

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I got the act in my car and I love it. no slipping, chatter, ect. I can even dump it on the NOS and gives me no s$^t about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts