SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Sears Point last night and my classic at best did a 16.46 the clutch would slip from 1st-2nd then from 2nd-3rd, it was pretty sad even though my car only has a greddy exhaust (1st gen), I think i lost at least .75 of a sec... I just felt sick getting beat by civics...
does anyone know how much Jun flywheels are, and what the best clutch set up is for the street, I'm thinking ACT but i keep hearing Clutch Masters...

Thanks for your Help

G

·
0 Posts
I have the JWT ppressure plate with stock disk and like it alot.

MarC SE-R

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
from what I have heard, stay away from clutchmasters, they suck big floppy donky d#^k. I have a JUN fly in my car w/ the act street disk/pp and love it. it holds all of my 89 hp that I have in my car. the JUN is not cheap, I paid a little over 300 bux for it on a TOTAL hookup price, they list for around 525. I would not get anything but the setup I have now, but get the really bad ass pp on it instead of the normal, plain upgraded one.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I am getting a Clutchnet one since I've heard again and again that ACT has SE-R clutches backordered forever. Not a lot of folks have clutchnet clutches on the list, but those that have had them (like Jay Stewart) says they are every bit as good as ACT.

There's a "group buy" on www.groupuycenter.com on them now. Not really a true group buy, just like a discounted price. importparts.com is putting it on, and I emailed them and left them a message yesterday, but no response today. Tried calling them today and got nothing but voicemail. Maybe they skipped out since today is Friday?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ben that sounds like the way to go I'll check it out..

Thanks

·
B13 Se-r Godfather
1,418 Posts
i would tell you to get the clutch masters..i had one in my eclipse gsx and loved it i could launch at 4800rpm and would never slip.. i raced it almost every weekend at the track and always street raced when someone would race me.... so yeah the clutch masters is good!!!! tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts