SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant deside if i should go for a stock clutch or an act clutch ? how much hp is the stock clutch good for ? befor i have have to worry about it ?

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokoham avid h4

G

·
please do not make the same mistake i did and go the cheaper way out, i am regreting it! i just bought the act clutch, havent put it in yet but i know it is gonn abe good (6 puck). it tried to race with the stock replacement and it slips and it is shitty!

·
Registered
909 Posts
If you cant descide on either of those I will just through another option in for you. The JWT pressure plate with stock disk. (I hear the stock clutch from a 2000-2001 is best) It should hold up to 200 wheel HP. You will have the same pedal feel and good ingagement. This is what I have with the disk that was listed for the 96 and I love mine.

MarC

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I herd that the jwt presher plate is the same at the clutchmasters presher plate is that true ?

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokoham avid h4

·
8,148 Posts
.....yeah, my JWT pressure plate has lasted 2 motors and a tranny swap. It still chiprs 2nd gear. That **** is unbelievable.

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Running an ACT street/strip and im happy with it. Smooth engagement and nice pedal feel. I am usually pretty hard on the clutch in the first to second shift when I autoX and thats on race tires with over 200WHP, it holds great.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts