SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a Clutchmasters clutch? My next purchase that has to do with my car is gonna be the clutch. I have 81k on the stoicker, and im gonna buy a new one soon, just to be safe, cuz i beat the living piss out of the one i have now. I was thinking baout getting the clutchmasters, cuz im stayin NA, for a while anyways,hehe, and i dont have great cashflow. I know i can get a clutchmasters around here for pretty cheap. Cheaper then a JWT PP/stock disco combo or an ACT anyways. I have heard bad things from a couple people, and good things from a select few. My freind got a clutchmasters in his Subaru, and i drove it, and i loved the pedal feel and its grab. In fact, i liked it better then when Jordan had a JWT/stock combo in his 91. it just felt better to me. Anybody wanna give me a heads up on the Clutchmasters?! TIA.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sakerocket:
The Jwt clutc ( I have one and love it) is a clutchmasters pp.</font>
Yeah i know clutchasters makes the JWT PP, i just dont like the jwt/stock disc combo, i just wanted to know what everyone felt about the clutchmasters disc/pp setup, and if there was different "stages" to choose frm or whatever. thanks.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Huh? Did I miss something? Since when is the JWT PP just a clutchmasters? I had no idea.........

BTW, the JWT PP rules.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Huh? Did I miss something? Since when is the JWT PP just a clutchmasters? I had no idea.........

</font>
Uhh....its always been made by them. dont you ever check archives!

------------------

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RPWSER:
Anybody have a Clutchmasters clutch? My next purchase that has to do with my car is gonna be the clutch. I have 81k on the stoicker, and im gonna buy a new one soon, just to be safe, cuz i beat the living piss out of the one i have now. I was thinking baout getting the clutchmasters, cuz im stayin NA, for a while anyways,hehe, and i dont have great cashflow. I know i can get a clutchmasters around here for pretty cheap. Cheaper then a JWT PP/stock disco combo or an ACT anyways. I have heard bad things from a couple people, and good things from a select few. My freind got a clutchmasters in his Subaru, and i drove it, and i loved the pedal feel and its grab. In fact, i liked it better then when Jordan had a JWT/stock combo in his 91. it just felt better to me. Anybody wanna give me a heads up on the Clutchmasters?! TIA.

</font>
Unless you are going with the JWT stay the F away from clutchmaster. They are called Clutchbastards by the SR20 community for a reason. Not one single clutch has failed as much as the clutchmasters units in the SE-R. Not even close.

Go ACT or JWT (JWT by the way has their own version of a clutchmasters piece that's why it works)

Spend the money you get what you pay for. You will end up paying more than twice the amount when the clutch fails and clutchmasters will not warrenty it. (Read the archives)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Jay, thats pretty much confirming what I already pretty much knew about clutchmasters. I think Ryan just wants to be different with it. I wouldn't dare get a clutchmasters, ACT is more like it.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I love my act. it has been ragged on, dumped with the nitrous, and have never had a problem with it except for breaking that damn clutch arm.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
around 400 bux or so.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Noooooooooo!!!! This can't be! Tonihgt, after all the thinking ive been doing about what to get next, a clutch or the ECU......what happens? You guessed it, i was takin off at a light and got some major clutch slippage, and no it wasnt casue by me
So, i guess after i go to the strip this weekend it will be borderline shot, so i guess im goin with clutch as my next purchase
Still undecided as to which one i want though.

------------------

1 - 12 of 12 Posts