SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like titlee says what is the millage i need to take it easy on my clutchnet befor i can start getting on it type 1 pressure plate copper-fibre disk????

·
Registered
349 Posts
dont know much about sertain clutches but if i was you i would go 500 miles stop and go no interstate

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
holllyy crapp!! that just iisnt fair lol!!! the first turbo car ive drivven and i cant get on it!!!

well you guys dont think it would have heart it that i gave alittle pull in first,,, didnt slamm the gears at alll and didnt drop the clutch, just like 3\4 throttle then let off! still think it will be ok? i just need to take it easy from now on for sureee!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
haha....... gotta suck dont be stingy about it either man it is worth it to just ride it out it will be worth it in the end .... i preety sure you dont want to put another one in ..... :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
rode trip bad......... got to be stop and gizzzzooooo ...... i know it sux been through two in my civic( the first one was because i decided to put all the miles on the first day because i wanted to run some people~~~ bad idea~~~~ ) that is before i sold it thank god..............

learned the hard way .... didnt want to listen to anybody thought i knew every thing

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
Even on the freeways here in cali, its stop and go!!! I got my clutchnet clutch in last friday, and already have 350 miles on the clutch, some highway, but now I think I need a new clutch cable!!!????!!!

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
cnynracer1 said:
I never break in my clutches, and they always last!

I was beating on my clutchnet the first day I drove it!
my step dad is same way with his camaros, so when i first drove my car after clutch install, i let him drive it and he tried to rev it hard and it slipped. I'm taking it super easy till 500 miles now.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea im going to take it easy! iii soo badly dont want to though!i just want to rip it all the way to third....but im not going to run it hard i talked to my local dyno shop, and i asked if i need to break it in before i dyno it and he said no dont worrie about it on the dyno its a full roll on! so i said ok sounds good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts