SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
V6 powered SE-R punisher
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!

i had a great time, at CMP!!!! the Probenstien ran great, but the added tightness and slower corners made it very very tough for me, on street tires. Eric Rosen was victorious both days, with me battling it out against Stephen and Scott; i ended up 3rd on sat and 2nd on sun. i ran really strong on sunday, and pulled out all the stops; was "in the hunt" for the first half of the race, but very gently eric pulled away (and AJ, too).

had a great time, and should have some really good footage to put up of sun's race (the camera crapped out on sat's race!). i think harper and scott might have some good footage of sat's dogfight (it was a 3 way deal!).

sunday, i did a couple of "big daddy don garlitis" burnouts to clean the front tires (its sandy as **** there!); pulled the handbrake up, preloaded the clutch, and held her at 1200 rpm. green flag dropped, and man! i was GONE!!!! pulled out around scott, half in the grass (bye bye orange pylon!!!) and cleanly around into T1. after that, had a great battle with scott, and then he fell back (car trouble?).... chased and chased after the H3/ITS GSR and rosen and AJ, for the rest of the race; ALMOST got the GSR on the last 2 laps; got side by side, but just couldnt get er done!!!! :)

had a great weekend, and looking forward to hyperfest!!

Todd
driver of the 'Stien

·
The anti-Probe.
514 Posts
Todd, great race sunday. I completely lit up the tires at the start on Sunday. I forgot that I wasn't in the Talon:). That was a horrible mental mistake. I lost a ton of places at the start and then missed a shift on about lap 3 and retired with what is probably a broken rocker. I had you in my sights, though. I was just hanging out behind you during the race. I was hoping to let your tires crap out and then try something late but I never got the chance.

The thrill of the weekend for me was Saturday's race. I qualified 2nd in the wet beside Eric. He smoked his clutch and I beat him to turn one. Everyone battled through the first few turns and i built up a pretty good lead. I managed to lead for about the first 3 laps which was my first time leading a race. But then my car seemed to start pushing and I couldn't keep the lead. Eric got a run on me after the kink and passed me on the inside on about lap 3. Then I got caught in the same place by Todd and Steve and they both got by me. Some contact with Steve during that bent my left mirror forward and I totally lost visibility on the left side. This caused me to be unable to defend anything on the left side and I just kept losing places because I couldn't see where anyone was. My wink mirror is blind on that side. I figured it was better to leave room than risk causing an incident. I'd had enough bumping for one day. I did manage to get my wits about me and pass AJ Nealy at the end. He's a good driver in a CRX that would class in the middle of PTD if you added the mod points.

Congrats to Eric for two group wins in two days. He drove the wheels off of his car.

I had fun on both days and I learned some valuable lessons on both days.

I did have some fustration. I ran my best lap times on Saturday morning in the time trial warmup right off the bat (I ran TTE and PTE). Then I spent the rest of the weekend going slower and slower. Despite new front tires, the car seemed to want to push after being very neutral on sat morning. Strange.

·
The anti-Probe.
514 Posts
Eric, what did you do to get past AJ on Sunday? Power pass? Late braking? Dive bomb?

Sell your soul to the Devil? :):)

-S

·
V6 powered SE-R punisher
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey scott!!!

great driving, mang!!! :)

sorry to hear of your rocker; hope thats an easy fix?

did you ever check your alignment? mine was out by over half an inch, in the front, after crashing over those frigging gators on sat!!! horrible push, with that much toe in!!!!

i'm looking forward to hyperfest; it's going to be a knock down, drag out!!!

todd

PS harper, get a clutch in that thing, pronto!!!

·
The anti-Probe.
514 Posts
Todd, that was a lot of fun wasn't it? Great driving.

Hyperfest will be like stepping in a bee hive. There are going to be cars everywhere. It should be FUN.

I put the toe plates on the car during the event and everything was fine. I need to do some thinking on this pushing issue.

-S

·
Registered
821 Posts
great weekend!!

at least until the clutch exploded

already new clutch today, going to start pulling the transmission tonight

i copied my video to dvd, just need to get it to eric to get him to put it up on the website

that and find someway to get quicker so i can catch eric!

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
A video of the race we're talking about, numbnuts... :D

BTW, that was a pretty nasty queefy noise in the second video...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts