SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it matter what year the MAF is? Does anyone know the part number?

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

G

·
The part number on the sensor itself is
F1SF-12B579-AA I have it sitting right here in front of me
BTW, the part number on the box it comes in is slightly different.

Matt

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
The MAF itself is labeled as part # F1SF-12B579-AA. The box's part # is F1SZ-12B579-A. Checker/Schucks/Kragen can get you the same MAF (remanufactured by A-1 electronics) under part # 74-9509. It's cheaper than buying it straight from Ford and it works just the same (I'm using the A-1 MAF on my car). You'll also need the wiring harness which is part # F43Z-14A411-A. You can get that from your local Ford dealership.

------------------
David De Anda
Turbo Sentra SE
HTA Drag Squad

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

·
Registered
521 Posts
Is this the same maf you can purchase from JWT??

------------------
1991 NX2000 W/SR20DET SWAP,HKS filter,3" EXHUAST,E.S. BUSHINGS, act clutch, blitz turbo timer, boost controller

NX 1600 INTAKE,AND EXHUAST

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
kragen.com lists this part for $93.99 with a $75 core charge. So that would be $168.99. That seems salty to me. Is the cheapest you can get it for?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE stock, slow, and for sale
93 NX2000 Quaife ATB diff, JWT clutch, SMC short shifter, front STB, front ES control arm bushings, JWT POP charger, B14 SE-R wheels as soon as I get my tire swappin' done

G

·
I just recieved my cobra maf from www.expressautoparts.com about a week and a half ago. Here's the info:

Part No. 57886
[Mass Air Flow Sensor, New] OE No:
F1SZ-12B579-A, (Cobra); $123.23

It turned out like $128 shipped and I received it in about a week and a half. No core charge!! The only thing is the number on the sensor has been shaved off. Maybe this is because it is remanufactured by borg warner. I haven't installed it yet though cause i got a couple more parts to go to complete my kit.
I sure hope it's the right one. It looks just like it though with the oval shaped electrical connector

Jason

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
No, you will not get any gains with a larger MAF N/A. The only reason you would ever need a larger MAF is if you are flowing more air than your stock MAF can measure. In order to do that you would have to be making about 250 HP.

·
Registered
449 Posts
With the wiring of the Cobra MAF to a SR20DET RWD or FWD... What type of wiring has to be done? He was wondering about this issue. Is there a special task that has to be done or what? Other han the wiring i assume. Any wire cutting or what? Also, does it have to be from a older Cobra also? And is there any ECU problems known?

·
Registered
267 Posts
With the wiring of the Cobra MAF to a SR20DET RWD or FWD... What type of wiring has to be done?

***It is pretty straightforward. There are 3 wires on the SR20 MAF and 4 wires on the Cobra MAF. You splice two of the Cobra wires together and ground them to the engine block or chassis. The other 2 wires of the Cobra MAF get soldered to the 2 remaining wires of the SR20 MAF harness. You will have to cut off the connector from the SR20 MAF harness. JWT will fax or mail the wiring instructions to you if you ask.

Also, does it have to be from a older Cobra also?

***1993 Mustang Cobra R, with oval shaped plug.

And is there any ECU problems known?

***No. The JWT program will incorporate the Cobra MAF's flow rate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts