SR20 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if any of you has had any experience with any other Coilovers for our beloved b14 other than the Ground Controls. I guess Weapon R makes them for our cars ( new circut pro's ), Aerospeed ($149), and a place called Ricky Racer ($139). I know the other two are probably two good to be true as far as quality and what not..but the only racing my car see's is the few heads up races on the street and the weekly trips to the Sacramento Raceway. My main concern is basically longevity and ride quality..I'll be honest im gonna probably drop the car as low as possible with whichever coilovers I get so Im not expecting a near stock like ride but don't wanna be bottoming out and rattling my teeth out of my mouth so any input would be appreciated. Also if you guys know about any other brands..prices and what not..feel free to post! Thanks Guys!

------------------
Irwin 96 wit stuff

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soopastank:
so Im not expecting a near stock like ride but don't wanna be bottoming out and rattling my teeth out of my mouth so any input would be appreciated. Also if you guys know about any other brands..prices and what not..feel free to post! Thanks Guys!

</font>
No matter what coilovers you get for our car, you will bottom out on a daily basis! Our car has very little suspension travel stock, so you can safetly lower it an inch, any further than that and you will feel the bumpstops daily. The best way to go is to get shortened struts, like motivational. thats the only way you can lower your car and still have performance. Ground controls are the next best option, becasue you can choose your spring rates. The others you mentioned are made of crappy materials and will probably snap if you hit a big enough hole in the ground. They are always either too soft or too hard. They are basically made with looks, and not performance in mind.
But hey, what the hell do I know?! Just my .02

------------------
Ryan Walsh...Hmmm, what should I buy with my $708 bucks from income tax returns?!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts