SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering if any of you guys could give me some feedback on choosing coilovers or lowering springs. I'm thinking about going with some GC coilovers and was wondering how do they ride, handle compared to lowering springs and would I have problems with "17's" or would I be better off with "16s".

thanks

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
hyperco springs are amazing for B13s. They have the advantage of proper coilovers (right amount of lowering, right spring rate) without all the frills (height adjustment, camber/castor adjsutment depending on the kit you get) and are cheaper. Coilovers would only really be beneficial to the hard core track racer. The only problem is finding a set.

·
-John-
690 Posts
I'd definitely say gound controls are great, when I was looking into suspension that was all that wastold to me....now run because I can hear the footsteps of the search nazi's creeping up.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Harris? where are you? j/k

I just got in on a HELLA good deal for the d2 coilovers. 775 shipped for front (has camber adjustment) and rear pillowball mounts plus the custom springrates for the coilovers at all 4 corners.

The question is: How much money do you have to spend on lowering your car?

·
World Champ of the World
197 Posts
I'm running Ground Control Coil-Overs with KYB AGX struts all around and it handles great. Nice thing about coil-overs is that you compensate for the 1/2 inch higher front fender well.

·
Boost Addict
1,451 Posts
Definitely go with gc coilovers. With the right spring rates you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys definitely appreciate all tha info. GC's and KYB AGX were my first choice so you guys just helped make my decision easier. Thanks again

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
A set of hypercos goes for what, $200? Get a set of Eibach ERS for that much and get a set of eBay coilovers for $50 and toss the springs, just use the threaded collars and the ring perches. You'll have the same thing as a set of GC's but you'll have saved yourself $150 and only be a few bucks over a set of Hypercoils. I have GC/AGX as well and like it just fine, although If you're going to do mostly street driving I'd suggest you get a slightly softer spring rate than the typical 300/200. If you end up autucrossing or track racing a lot later on another set of springs for track use won't put you back more than $200 and changing them out for a weekend of racing won't be terribly time consuming or difficult. As for the wheels, I'd go with 16's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts