SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
SE-RGASM
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking about just getting some koni yellow struts and ground control coil sleeves instead of a full coilover system. Have you heard of anyone using this combo before?

·
SE-ROLGIST
1,268 Posts

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
O yea, the koni setup is probably one of the most recommended setups on these forums. The only problem with the Koni setups are they are top dollar. So be ready to refinance your home.....so what's your budget? If you even have one. I know a place called Overkill engeneering that still offers them just follow the link provided. http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/cushko.html
Koni Yellow's (non 8611) are middle to low end of the road from a price standpoint but are some of the best dampers we have access too for the $.

·
Driver
58 Posts
Best suspension depends on what you do with the car. Insert struts of choice that fits budget. More money = more better!

The ground control coil overs are excellent for the money. You really can't get any better than eibach springs and you can order them with your choice of spring rates if you would like. the perches are excellent.

·
SE-RGASM
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Best suspension depends on what you do with the car. Insert struts of choice that fits budget. More money = more better!

The ground control coil overs are excellent for the money. You really can't get any better than eibach springs and you can order them with your choice of spring rates if you would like. the perches are excellent.
yeah, i have eibach springs on my car right now and I'm looking to buy some koni yellows but from what I read on the fat ass b13 suspension thread you can't have koni yellows in the back with lowering springs :/

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
ground control coils/agx's

·
back in a S13
343 Posts
FIRST OFF.....what do you plan on doing with the car? If the car is going to be a daily driver, megan racing makes a real good street coilover system. I had it on my b14 for a long time on horrible New Jersey roads and they held up with no problem and drove great! 32 way adjustable was awesome too, stiffen or soften it up to exactly how you want it.

Only if you're serious about suspension (setup for track) should you invest in konis or what not. Look into megans...... here is a link http://www.hopupracing.com/meracodakist29.html

·
back in a S13
343 Posts
btw I liked them so much, I have it on my S13 now too, good luck with whatever you choose :)

·
SE-RGASM
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is the thread you should read. Looks like you can put B15 SpecV front inserts into the rear B13 housing.

http://www.sr20forum.com/chassis-suspension/185484-custom-shortened-koni-info-discussion.html
yeah i read that, it says the spec v's will fit into b13 housing but not paired with lowering springs...

ground control coils/agx's
How much did you spend on em?

FIRST OFF.....what do you plan on doing with the car? If the car is going to be a daily driver, megan racing makes a real good street coilover system. I had it on my b14 for a long time on horrible New Jersey roads and they held up with no problem and drove great! 32 way adjustable was awesome too, stiffen or soften it up to exactly how you want it.

Only if you're serious about suspension (setup for track) should you invest in konis or what not. Look into megans...... here is a link http://www.hopupracing.com/meracodakist29.html
It's for my dd but I'm also going to eventually be using it for auto x and the track, so i want to have something thats going to be a good upgrade from stock suspension. You've never had problems with those coilovers? I haven't heard great things about megan racing.

·
back in a S13
343 Posts
Never had a problem with them. They were my best dd setup. They were not too harsh either when on the soft street dampening, I used to load up the car with 5 people and head into nyc to parties all the time haha :) (nyc got the worst roads by the way) And when on the race setting, very responsive, should be fun for auto x.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I hope you know that the koni are inserts and not complete struts, right???

Did you even read the link topdog posted?? Geeezzzz............

Every single one of your questions that you asked (and I am pretty sure WILL ask in the future) is in that link.

You just spent a week asking questions and waiting for a reply, when if you just read for a few hours, you would have been as close to decided as you can get...............

Piece of advice:

Get the tried and true AGX/GC (or proper spring of your choice) combo and be done with it. Maybe throw in a set of GC camber plates (which you will probably use all of once) and a set of motivational (if you can find them) mounts for the rear.

If you want to get fancy, talk to advanced designs for a set of their koni/gc based setup. You will not be disappointed (if you have money to spend)

Done

·
Driver
58 Posts
For a DD street auto x car that is going to see some track days.... I agree that the Ground Control with KYB AGX would be great. HUGE upgrade from stock. You don't really need anything better than that for a DD. I am actually thinking about the same ones for my street SE-R. I use the GC coilovers, switched to Hypercoil springs because the spring rates were in stock when I ordered them and Eibach weren't, with koni 8610 / 8611 inserts for my track car.

·
SE-RGASM
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For a DD street auto x car that is going to see some track days.... I agree that the Ground Control with KYB AGX would be great. HUGE upgrade from stock. You don't really need anything better than that for a DD. I am actually thinking about the same ones for my street SE-R. I use the GC coilovers, switched to Hypercoil springs because the spring rates were in stock when I ordered them and Eibach weren't, with koni 8610 / 8611 inserts for my track car.
yeah i think that's what i'm gonna go with, thanks

i have some used ground control coilovers for car if intrested, i went back to the springs, the roads suck here in san diego, hahahaha.
haha how much?

·
Bitter Old Man
2,637 Posts
No input from Tein owners?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts