SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still having issues - I just did all of this:
New plugs/wires/rotor/cap/fuel filter (all nissan)
Air filter is clean and thats about all I know - its a '93 NX2k, with 98k on it - when its cold (any only when its cold) when I start it it shoots up to like 2k rpms, then dies unless I give it gas for a second - also smells like its running rich as nuts (plugs smelled like that when I pulled them also). Once the car is started it runs great - no problems at all - this is when cold only.

I have a FSM but haven't looked at it yet - I'm guessing its the IACV? If not anyone else had this problem and fixed it - any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.....

Thanks

Chris
I smell like gas- but the car revs like a mofo now - woo hoo

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
I have the same problem in my NX. you'll have to buy some new parts, unless you want to go through the process of rebuilding the parts.

there are 2 culprits, the Air Regulator Valve ($90.62 @ nissan) and the Idle Air Assembly, which has the main idle air solenoid and FICD solenoid on it, along with the idle screw. You can purchase a new idle air assembly at your nissan dealer for $159.10 - or you can check out www.se-r.net/engine/cold_idle_fix.html and see for yourself. sucks to hear about the

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
haha, just rebuilt the IAA after reading this post and the SE-R.net write up. Runs like a top man, totally worth the 4 or so hours and all the frustration. The passageway leading to the idle control screw was sompletely blocked, so i'm guessing that was the culprit. Both solenoids worked fine so the total investment was precisely $0. A very tight area to work in, if you plan on doing this, just know that it CAN be done. I doubted myself many a time throughout the procedure, but now I am more than happy with the result. To celebrate, I took her out of storage for a quick boot, won't hurt to get everything up to temp for a few minutes. You wouldn't beleive the attantion an NX with no hood gets driving down Steeles ave.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts